Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using the power of play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Please visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do, and watch this video to find out about the five pillars of our Culture Code.
Closing Date: January 14, 2022
Organization: Right To Play International
Work location: Accra, Ghana
The Finance Coordinator reports directly to the Finance Manager (FM) at CO level and administratively report to Project Officer at Project level. The incumbent is responsible for providing supports to the FM/ FO in financial administration tasks such as data entry, processing transactions, ensuring all transaction supporting documents are complete and properly filed and reconciling bank accounts entries.
Job Responsibility #1: Accounting 70%
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment
- Ensure timely submission of monthly project expense reports
Filing of vouchers and send the vouchers to Finance at country office on a monthly basis
- Ensures that all payments are made on time
- Review bank transactions to ensure all the cheques are processed; files hardcopies and prepare bank reconciliation
- Record all financial transactions into the RTP Daily Expenses Log (DEL) or record financial transactions in accounting system (Sage ACCPAC or ERP) at country level
- Support FM and perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations at country level
- Responsible for budget follow up and the correct use of all the donor codes
Job Responsibility #2: Financial Implementation and Management 15%
- Provides assistance in preparing year-end accounts in line with regulatory requirements ready for audit
- Updating financial elements of RTP risk register
- Ensures the organization complies with the financial requirements of the donors
- Assists with preparing budgets for funding application, forecast and annual budgets of the organization
- Supports FM/FO on staff trainings on RTP rules, policies and procedures and donor requirements
- Supports partners and RTP staff on RTP policies, donor compliance matters and ensure timely submission of reports that are accurate and complete
- Maintains and tracks cash advances and ensure all amounts are reconciled and liquidated
- Support FM in tracking salary advances in coordination with HR
- Support project team in proposal budget preparation and donor financial reporting
Job Responsibility #3: Cash and Banking 5%
- Do regular surprise cash counts from cashier, where applicable
Perform cash and bank reconciliations whenever applicable
- Reviews all petty cash expenditures and replenishment requests when two-thirds of the money is spent
- Following the policies in place, process payments to service providers
Job Responsibility #4: Administration 5%
- In coordination with the logistics coordinator, perform vehicle or motorcycle mileage analysis wherever applicable
- Maintain fixed asset register and update the register every six months
Job Responsibility #5: Perform other duties as assigned 5%
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit Finance Coordinator (GREAT), Ghana and complete the application form.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Target Start Date: Immediate
Contract Type: Fixed Term (Renewable)
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing Date: January 14, 2022
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check and vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED