Right To Play Invites Job Applications
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. Thus, We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK and eight national offices across Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK) and North America (Canada, US).
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
- Department/Division: Program Development
- Work location: Tamale (Candidates resident in Tamale and its environs preferred)
- Authorized to work in: Ghana (Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
- Target Start Date: 1st July, 2022
- Contract Duration: Fixed Term (6 months; July to December, 2022)
- Closing Date: 5th June, 2022
The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play project activities. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project implementation, in collaboration with other project team members for quality of delivery and effectiveness.
Job Responsibility # 1: Activity Planning and Implementation (45%):
- To begin with, Ensure participation of local partners, children, young people and stakeholders in the process of project planning and implementation of approved activities.
- Secondly, Support teachers, head teachers and partner NGOs and CBOs, in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal, facilitates their activities and reports to the PO.
- Furthermore, Support schools and Local Partner NGOs to organizes and conducts community sensitization and awareness campaign targeting parents and caregivers and other community members
- Moreover, In Collaboration with partners, schools and district stakeholders, evaluates regular activities and community events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
- Also, Manage the logistical arrangements for training workshops in collaboration with partners and stakeholders.
Assess the training needs of teachers, community volunteers/mentors, partner staff
- Then, Junior Leaders, and recommend suitable intervention to address their training needs
- Afterwards, Organize and facilitate training workshops in collaboration with other program staff and stakeholders, evaluates and reports to the Project Officer
- Finally, Conduct follow-ups on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the Project Officer.
Job Responsibility #2: Monitoring and reporting (20%):
- Conduct regular field visits with local partners, teachers and district officials to follow-up and provide support as needed to the project schools, health facilities and communities
- Provide narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Submits financial reports related to activity implementation with partners.
- Ensure local partners, teachers and community volunteers/ Mentors are in compliance with RTP’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Job Responsibility #3: Establish and Maintain Partnerships (20%):
- Participate in the identification and selection of local partners to be included in RTP program as well as support in assessing local partner need in the respective field.
- Represents RTP in the project locations
Job Responsibility #4: Supervision and Guidance (10%):
- Supervise teachers and support Mentorship/ School based clubs to develop, implement, and evaluate their clubs action plans
- Supervise and provide technical support to Community Volunteer/ mentors engaged in out of school cluster sessions on sexual and reproductive health education.
- Lastly, Conducts performance assessment of teachers, partner staff and volunteers and recommends recognition and award strategies to encourage continuous improvement of their work
WHO YOU ARE:
- Firstly, You are passionate about our commitment to help children and youth rise above life’s challenges through the power of play.
- Secondly, You are highly collaborative and a relationship builder with a passion for humanitarian work, human rights and social change.
- Thirdly, You have been extensively involved in the implementation of Program strategies.
- Lastly, Your attention to detail is great and you have a positive, follow-through mindset. You are focused on strategically positioning Right To Play as a partner of choice for our donors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. Likewise, You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code. In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including personal learning and development days.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 5th June, 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED