Regional Coordinator (Savannah Region) Needed at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
Job Title: Regional Coordinator (Savannah Region)
Plan International in partnership with Instiglio and the Jacobs Foundation will implement the Education Outcome Fund Programme (EOF) under the Ghana Accountability and Learning Outcomes Programme (GALOP).
The programme aims to improve the quality of education in low performing basic education schools and strengthen education sector equity and accountability in Ghana. Therefore, The Programme will run for a period of 4 years and will be implemented across 3 regions in Ghana (North East, Savana and Bono East) and 11 districts. The Project will support a total of 240 communities/schools.
The Regional Coordinator will work with the Project Manager and District and Project Coordinators on all community level activities, including monitoring, stakeholder engagement, and working with parents to ensure pupils’ regular participation in Programme activities.
Dimensions of the Role
The Regional Coordinator reports to the Project Manager. S/he is a member of the programme unit. This is a mid-level position supporting to ensure achievements of intended activities at the regional, district and community level. S/he will technically support the preparation of budgets for stakeholder engagement events, regional and district monitoring activities and Child Protection and Safeguarding compliance.
The person should have a grasp of the entire project activities and initiatives and be able to provide the necessary support for successful project implementation. He/she will work with local government and district stakeholders. The community engagement and child protection lead will provide support to the project management team and team leads to ensure that project activities meet GESI standards.
The Regional Coordinator will lead the community engagement workstream across 4 districts and be responsible for the overall management of the remote field-based teams of District Coordinators and Project Coordinators. They will be directly responsible for all community engagement activities for both in-school and out of school components of the programme.
- Firstly, Coordinate 2 District Coordinators and 6 Project Coordinators to strengthen School Management Committees and Parent Teacher Associations to engage selected schools to establish a more inclusive, resourceful and informed support network for parents
- Secondly, Develop strategic relationships with local stakeholders (including Regional and District Directorates of Education, Local Assemblies, schools’ leadership and parents) in project districts to secure support and cooperation
- Thirdly, Contribute to produce the community engagement training content including adult learning strategy and other materials as required, including reports and briefing documents, and other publications
- Moreover, Plan and implement intensive community outreach activities to impart pro-girl and pro-education attitudes within communities
- Additionally, Support parents, pupils and communities to maximize the expected educational benefits and long-term behavioural changes
- Last but not least, Lead community mobilization and sensitization in the districts to ensure community readiness and continual commitment to Programme activities
- Lastly, Exhibit competence in Community Engagement and coach and supervise District Coordinators to ensure quality delivery and performance
Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide feedback and strategic advice on community engagement to the Project Manager
- Leverage the use of technology to gain efficiencies and enhance two-way communication between Project team and beneficiaries
- Support tracking the progression of pupils as they transitioned to the next level of education
- Conduct routine follow up visits to meet with parents and guardians whose wards have not attended school regularly
- Undertake routine monitoring and collect school registers for attendance data entry
- Support the identification of local role models
- Conduct routine checks on school security
- Input and collect data within time
- Monitoring lesson delivery
Staff Relation and Recruitment
- Responsible for appraisal and Performance Management procedures for District Coordinators and provide targeted support to District Coordinators and Assistants
- Coach and supervise District Coordinators to ensure quality delivery and performance
- Support Programme Manager in identification of talents and recruitment process to fill gaps in the workstream
- Ensure close collaboration with other Programme Team members for efficient project delivery
- Firstly, Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Secondly, Ability to solve problems and plan changes based on M&E data.
- Thirdly, Ability to prescribe and implement innovative solutions to challenges found in a complex learning education project with marginalized students and out of school children.
- Then, Ability to support the teaching capacity of a wide range of stakeholders face to face and remotely.
- Also, Ability to anticipate risks and mitigate them.
- Moreover, Ability to manage remote staff.
- Afterwards, Ability to understand the challenges that marginalized beneficiaries encounter in educational settings and capacity to propose solutions to overcome them.
- Lastly, Ability to analyse issues for decision making to strengthen and support project delivery and refer to higher manager for approval
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- To begin with, Educated to degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Then, Excellent knowledge of methods and channels for engaging with a wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- Also, A comprehensive knowledge of child protection best practice, policies and procedures
- Moreover, A comprehensive knowledge of good communications and engagement practice and of how to translate practice into innovative and effective solutions
- Thereafter, Significant experience of working in community engagement and/or communications, and on potentially sensitive projects
- Most importantly, Budget management experience
- Afterwards, Significant project management experience, including experience of managing community projects (experience of education projects is desirable)
- Last but not least, Experience of working with a range of stakeholders, including hard-to-engage communities, local government, district education, and academic institutions
- Finally, 4 years of experience of working in community engagement and/or communications, and on educational projects
Key skills & Competencies
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Strong organisational and planning skills, the ability to prioritise in the face of competing demands, and proven success in delivering work personally (and through others) to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enabling the post holder to influence at all levels and to work effectively as part of a team
- Computer literacy enabling the effective use of the Microsoft suite of packages including Outlook
- Ability to work collaboratively with other experienced professionals including school principals, assistant principals, teachers, and other colleagues
- Ability to maintain discretion regarding confidential matter
- Good communication skills
- An interest in education issues and research.
- Flexible attitude to working environment and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under little or no supervision for long hours
- Good team player and a forward-looking person
- University degree in Education
- Teaching experience
- Accreditation in school leadership and teacher training
- Experience in Inclusive education in the education sector in Ghana in mainstream and non-mainstream settings
- Experience providing capacity building to Primary and Junior High School teachers
- Familiarity with primary teaching, pedagogy and assessment frameworks
- Experience with the state education system/curricula in Ghana.
- Besides the above, Proven experience in curriculum design for English and Maths and gender-specific training
Closing Date : 3rd August. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED