Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Regional Advisory Information & Network Systems (RAINS) Recruitment 2020.
The Regional Advisory Information and Network Systems (RAINS) is a Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. RAINS works to improve the quality of life particularly for the Children, Youth, Women and Girls. Over the years we have contributed to ensuring that more children especially girls and young people in Northern Ghana have had access to education and employable skills and protected from exploitation.
- Company: Regional Advisory Information and Network Systems (RAINS)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Soft Skills Trainers (10 Positions)
• As a Part-Time Soft Skills Trainer, you will deliver training and coaching to a diverse group of young people who want to develop critical employability skills.
• This will require you to deploy a comprehensive curriculum covering entrepreneurship, financial literacy, life skills, and work readiness.
• Your day-to-day tasks will include supporting, training, and guiding young people, including youth from deprived communities with little or no education, and young people with disabilities or other special needs. • Your role will require patience, understanding and adaptability to meet youth participants’ individual needs in order to ensure that person-centred approach.
• On top of your demonstrated experience in doing this kind of work, you will benefit from one-week training of trainers by our master trainers.
• If you are passionate about youth innovation, believe in the potential of social innovation, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and creative organisation, then we welcome you to join us.
• The duties and responsibilities of the Part-Time Soft Skills Trainers are as follows:
Training of Trainers
• Take part in one-week training of trainers’ workshop to familiarize with RAINS dedicated integrated Soft Skills Curriculum.
• Review and prepare all training materials ahead of each training session.
• Arrange classrooms and outdoor training spaces ready for session delivery, ensuring all training spaces are sufficiently risk assessed and fit-for-purpose.
Session Delivery and Learning Support
• Lead on the successful delivery of training sessions, to include the coordination and facilitation of both group-based activities and individual tasks.
• Provide targeted support to youth participants to start and work through tasks set with assistance from a training support volunteer.
• Successfully manage behaviour during session delivery, working within a robust Code of Conduct framework.
• Escalate any participant behavioural concerns to the RAINS team when necessary.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Monitor and record participant attendance and maintain other project records as required.
• Implement youth-centred participant pre-training and post-training assessments and course feedback processes.
• Provide inputs into consortium-wide training quality assessments and performance appraisals.
• Facilitate planned visits and presentations to training centres from other PASEWAY partner organisations as and when required.
PLEASE NOTE: Preference will be given to those candidates who live within the areas of the specified assemblies.
RAINS invite applications from candidates able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and values:
• Extensive experience in the design, delivery and facilitation of training for diverse youth audiences in Ghana at the local, regional and national levels.
• Experience in delivering employability skills training to young people
• Experience of using creative training methods such as forum theatre, role play, and graphic facilitation would be highly desired.
• Experience working with disengaged/unemployed youth
• Experience of effective engagement with youth people in a group/training setting
• Experience in using participatory and activity-based training methods to deliver training and assessment activities in youth training programme
• Extensive knowledge of the local operating environment and a track record of engaging youth in mobilisation activities within the stated area of the assembly highly preferred.
• Experience in the planning, facilitation and evaluation of training processes using participatory tools.
• Strong administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy in all aspects of paperwork under highly compliant contracts
• High degree of motivation, initiative and time management skills
• Fluency in English and Dagbani.
• Ability to work independently and use initiative.
• Ability to work within a Training framework.
• Strategies for working within a gender-sensitive framework.
• A track record of successfully engaging young women in training highly desired.
• A flexible approach to work – the ability to work at evenings and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays).
• Demonstrated passion for working with youth.
• Interest in youth development in Ghana, especially mobilisation of marginalised youth in disadvantaged communities.
• Commitment to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
• Ability to work to high ethical standards and to uphold RAINS guiding values and principles.
Location: Tamale & Sagnarigu
How to Apply for RAINS Recruitments
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (not more than three pages) with a cover letter (not more than one page), copies of relevant educational certificates and copy of national service completion certificate. The application should include two referees with the position applied for reference in the subject. Applications addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to [email protected]
For details of job descriptions of positions, interested applicants should send their request to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 30 September 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED