To control, record, review, update and store documentation relating to Ahafo North, in accordance with Newmont policy, legal requirements and government legislation regarding the control, recording and storage of documents.
- Maintain structured and systematic document control processes that provide easy reference to documents that are accurate and high quality.
- Assist in supporting internal and external audits, coordinating activities and ensuring timely response to documentation request for auditors in order to implement systems of control
- Convert hard-copy work documents such as checklists, permits, log sheets and other supporting documentation into existing electronic systems.
- Organize and maintain documents, adhering to the company document lifecycle procedures and archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Review and update all incoming documents regularly.
- Liaise and coordinate with Document Control Administration for document control procedures / updates to maintain active versioning / revision index of documents.
- Inform document owners of pending document review and approval requirements and assist in facilitating the review and approval process.
- Conduct comprehensive document audits to ensure conformance to established procedures and maintain quality records, per applicable SOPs / STPs.
- Maintain cost-effective measures to ensure signage and process documentation costs meet departmental budget requirements.
- Print and provide requesting department with project signage as stipulated under ISO/OHSAS audit and Mining Regulations and other environmental permit requirements.
- Oversee the efficient running of the Document Control Center database.
- Pull required documentation from the database and distribute to the relevant document owner for review and / or approval.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers applicable to the department.
Reporting and Filing
- Provide reports on the health of the system and documents contained within it, when requested.
- Track pending documents through weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly progress reports and notify the document owner for taking appropriate action on the pending documents.
- Receive the Planned Task Observations (PTO’s), create the relevant report and file into the appropriate system.
- Facilitate an audit of the PTO’s and provide timely feedback to the PTO owner.
- Manage both physical and electronic archives for specified duration, depending on content.
- Deputize the Administrative Coordinator, in the absence of this role.
- Coordinate and manage the daily and weekly employee timesheets for approval and submission to Human Resources, in the absence of the Administrative Coordinator.
- Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Maintain a high health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Monitor own and peers’ adherence to health and safety measures, protocols, and standards.
- Report any deviation from established health and safety measures and protocols to the Project Manager
- Adhere strictly to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Oversee that security procedures are followed to minimise the opportunities for theft of documentation material or company property.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National Diploma in Administration, Document Control or related field.
- Essential knowledge of document control systems and electronic data management.
- Knowledge of administration and communication processes, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of Newmont’s invoicing and requisition processes, procedures and systems.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in any document control environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- physical demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- work environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED