Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Vision International Recruitment 2020.
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support the R2R Global Manager Tower 3 in managing the day-to-day operations within the tower in providing highly specialized accounting work to maintain the customers’ and offices’ general ledgers. This includes financial planning & controlling, cash management, period-end closing, reporting and analysis functions. He/She will ensure the integrity of financial reports are accurate and submitted timely for the countries under the Shared Services’ portfolio, in accordance to Month End and Year End calendar deliverables, ensuring compliance to all internal controls, Partnership Finance Manual and General Accounting principles.
- Supervises and coordinates the tasks and deliverables of Senior General Ledger Accountants on performing financial closing, reporting and analysis (including, but not limited to, perform Pbas reconciliations, exchange rate calculations and revaluation process, cost allocation, local income and direct funding, fixed assets recording –addition, depreciation and disposal, and preparation of financial reports and posting the same to FFR database) ensuring accuracy, completeness, timeliness and consistency with WV policies.
- Support the R2R Global Manager Tower 3 in staff development and training.
- Conduct performance reviews; coach and mentor staff members; identify and support development needs and trainings.
- Act as back-up and/or the lead of the team on behalf or absence of the R2R Global Manager Tower 3.
- Act as Tier 2 for requests, issues, questions or concerns raised for Tower 3 (i.e. handling tax on WV perspective vs local tax regulations, foreign exchange movements across one or more currency due to translational differences as rates change, financial consolidation for ROs, getting customers on-board with new technology, etc.), and assign the same to team members, as appropriate.
- Prepare, review and post monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports in the FFR database (including ledger extract, financial reports package, reconciliations, cash analysis, cover memo, etc.)
- Support and review all cash management activities, statutory requirements, budget and planning and other requirements, particularly for regional office and SS local accounting ( (i.e. Cashflow, days of cash calculation, petty cash, local income, direct funding requests and reconciliations; Statutory tax forms, employee income tax and tax declarations to government; Severance pay and repatriation assistance liability, etc.
- Support and review period end activities- MyPbas reconciliations and analysis, including maintenance; Cost allocation (CAL), exchange rate calculation and revaluation process; and other financial reports as requested.
- Support continuous improvement processes and the development of better tools to strengthen General Accounting operations including global initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor´s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Minimum 4 year experience supervising a team.
- Good command of written and spoken business English.
- Strong technical knowledge in general accounting standards, statutory, financial and management reporting, analysis and forecasting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrates leadership and effectively manage subordinates.
- High standard for quality, compliance and internal controls.
- Customer focused and service delivery oriented.
- High knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficient in MS Office applications and any accounting ERP solutions.
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in General Ledger (Record to Report) processes.
- Ability to develop and promote teamwork in a virtual team environment.
- Working knowledge on continuous improvements and operational excellence.
- Certified Accountant designation or any recognized accounting body, strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma certification preferred (Green Belt).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong analysis skills.
- Practical problem solving skills and the ability to influence change.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with other team members.
- Excellent initiative and ability to commit to a course of action.
- Pro-active and innovative with ideas to improve processes/ services.
- Professional attitude and customer service orientation.
- Experience working within a Shared Service environment, preferable.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED