Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Vision International Recruitment 2020.
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support transactional processes within Tower 1 of Record to Report, from receipt to posting of journal entries to account allocations; as requested by customers, timely and correctly according to Month End and Year End calendar deliverables, and ensuring compliance to all internal controls, Partnership Finance Manual and General Accounting principles.
- Supervises and coordinates the tasks and deliverables of General Ledger Assistants in performing accounting transactions from receipt to posting (including, but not limited to, budget upload, journals, adjustment, reversal & reclassifications, account allocations, split billing clearing, intercompany accounting /pre-approvals and other general accounting tasks) ensuring accuracy, completeness, timeliness and consistency with WV policies.
- Support the R2R Global Manager Tower 1 in staff development and training.
- Conduct performance reviews; coach and mentor staff members; help identify and support development needs.
- Act as back-up and/or the lead of the team on behalf or absence of the R2R Global Manager Tower 1.
- Act as Tier 2 for requests, issues, questions or concerns raised for processes within Tower 1 (i.e. invalid code combinations, issues on posting date vs transaction date, amounts discrepancy, etc.) and assign the same to team members, as appropriate.
- Review and post journal entries, adjustments and reversals.
- Review and follow-up all outstanding pre-approvals (PAs), unclear split billing accounts, unallocated accounts and unposted journal entries, ensuring SLAs are met consistently.
- Support continuous improvement processes and the development of better tools to strengthen General Accounting operations including global initiatives, particularly processes within Tower 1.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor´s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Minimum 3 year experience supervising a team.
- Good command of written and spoken business English.
- Functional knowledge of general accounting standards and transactions recording.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to perform and direct root cause analysis over various transactional issues.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and flexible hours as needed; ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficient in MS Office applications and any accounting ERP solutions.
- At least 3 or more years of experience in General Ledger (Record to Report) processes.
- Ability to promote teamwork in a virtual team environment.
- Six Sigma certification preferred (yellow or green belt).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Teamwork spirit.
- Continuous Improvements knowledge.
- Organizational and effective time management skills.
- Experience in interfacing with the business from a Shared Service Centre, preferable
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED