This entry-level receptionist at is responsible to greet visitors, answer their questions, politely enforce security, and extend a warm greeting to all who access the facility. He or she will also perform duties such as answering and forwarding phone calls, sorting and filing records, and performing other clerical tasks requiring basic knowledge of systems or procedures.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and take steps to help protect against neglect, abuse and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports response to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately
- Answers, screens, and forwards any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed.
- Maintains security by following procedures and controlling access. Monitors logbook and issues visitors’ badges.
- Receives and sorts daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- May perform other light clerical duties if called on as primary duties allow.
Other responsibilities required of this role will include the following:
a) Corporate Database
- Manage the corporate vendors database
- Monthly update the vendor database with approvals from the SBS SMBS
- Prepare a schedule for the corporate rates of all hotels-Local travels
- Consolidate the schedule for corporate rates for all other vendors used by compassion
b) Travel arrangements
- Manage reservations and bookings for all local travels ie. accommodation, meals if needed
- Work with the office Driver to arrange for a driver and undertake vehicle bookings for these travels.
- Prepare a schedule for all vendors/outstanding payments to be accrued and submitted to the Administrative Assistant in charge for collation
- Back up for any other Administrative Assistant on vacation
c) Project Management
- Manage all projects assigned effectively
- Develop a project budget including all relevant activities & cost involved
- Coordinate with all stake holders involved to ensure that activities to be implemented before the event takes off are properly done on time
- Liaise with regional staff in charge of Africa Region /CFT-initiated projects or events to ensure that all invitation letters, hotel bookings, pick up & drop off arrangements, events logistics and set up requirement are all properly done.
- Provide admin desk support during the event / training / workshop
- Liaise with service providers to ensure all breaks are observed on time
- Assist visitors /participants with shopping requests in-country if required as part of the event
- Monitor project budget variance analysis to check how budget was managed and submit to supervisor for review and sign off
- Arrange for sightseeing or visits in-country if required as part of the event.
Essential job functional competencies
- Mature Christian person based on evangelical Christian values; has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is above reproach in integrity and honesty.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations and analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
Minimum required job qualifications
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Three years’ experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Work Environment: National Office
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Travel Requirements: No travel required for this role.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter and references to
by close of business on Friday, 31st March 2020. Indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.