QATAR WORK AND RESIDENCE PERMIT
The recent changes made by the government to the labor law, which have been characterized by flexibility in defending all rights of the 2 working parties, have made the issue of residency and work permits in the State of Qatar uncomplicated and quick.
QATAR WORK VISA
The documentation required to get the permit on behalf of a said ex-pat is normally handled by the employer. An expatriate’s company will apply for a temporary visa when they initially arrive in Qatar. This temporary visa is eventually modified to a work residency permit, a procedure that normally takes 2-4 weeks but can occasionally take longer.
TYPES OF QATAR WORK VISAS
Non-immigrants in Qatar and foreign citizens seeking to travel to Qatar may do so using a number of visas, including:
- Tourist’s visas
- Business visas
- Work permits or visas
- Visas for family
- Gulf Cooperation Council citizens’ visas for residence (GCC)
Qatar work permits remain the sole requisite to work in Qatar. Aside from a tourist visa, all of the aforementioned visas can be used to apply for a work permit in Qatar.
Work visas in Qatar can be grouped into two;
- Temporary work visas: these visas are issued and can be used for a limited period of time
- Permanent work visas: these visas unlike temporary visas can be used to apply for jobs in Qatar and has no time limit or expiry.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR QATAR WORK VISA
Aside from immigrants entering Qatar with tourist visas, all other immigrants do qualify to apply for Qatar work visas and residence permits.
REQUIREMENTS FOR QATAR WORK VISAS AND RESIDENCE PERMITS
Before starting work in Qatar, expatriates will need both a work permit and a resident permit. When filing for a work permit, the following paperwork is required:
- The agreement for employment
- An application from the Ministry of Labor that has been properly filled out
- An official health certificate for the employee A copy of the employee’s passport
- Two passport photos
- Any necessary academic credentials
- A copy of the employer’s visa
- Employer’s permit
- Fingerprints among other biometrics
The following documentation is required of the applicant in order to receive a residence permit:
- A current passport
- Two passport pictures of the employee
- Employer’s permit
- A duplicate of the commercial registration of the business
- A duplicate of the company’s immigration card
- The medical certification of the employee
PROCEDURES TO APPLY FOR A QATAR WORK VISA
Qatar’s hiring procedure for international workers is somewhat complicated.
- Your business must register with the Ministry of Interior’s Immigration Department in order to start the procedure. They must finish this procedure before submitting an application for a work permit.
- The business can then submit an application for a batch of work permits on behalf of every expatriate you want to hire.
- They can further submit an application for employment visas for each employee when the work permits are approved.
- Employees can leave for Qatar after receiving their work visas.
Also, your employer must submit an application for the employee’s residence permit no later than seven days after the person arrives. The employee can begin working for your company in Qatar after they have obtained their residency permit.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
The organization should make sure that employees are informed that they must always have their ID and any necessary visas with them. Your company may be inspected by labor regulators, who will require that employees present these papers.
Additionally, businesses should inform their staff that they will require an exit visa to leave Qatar. Employer consent is required to attain this authorization from the Interior Ministry.
Apply for a Qatar work and residency permit by following NewsNowGh’s simple and necessary instructions. These licenses are quite inexpensive, and they are issued and processed quickly.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED