We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Operations team in Accra as Senior Cargo Sales and Services Agent
In this role, you will be supporting our cargo team by generating maximum sales to meet or exceed set revenue/tonnage target while ensuring smooth flow of cargo sales operations. You will provide both sales and customer service functions including interaction with customers, GSA and GHA for Qatar Airways Cargo. Your focus will be on export business to secure proper sales, operational and customer service support to enable the station to meet/exceed set cargo targets. You will also ensure full compliance with safety and security regulations as per local company and governmental requirements. and identify needs to improve cargo performance for the station..
- Interact with GSAs, freight forwarders, direct shippers or consignees, including telesales functions and assist with customer quires and rate quotations whilst optimizing the commercial functions related to export, booking, forwarding and delivery.
- Contribute to achieving maximum cargo sales to meet/exceed annual set revenue/tonnage targets by providing outstanding cargo operations and customer service support.
- Ongoing daily interaction with GSAs throughout the region to ensure all sales opportunities are being handled in a timely and customer facing way.
- Liaise with GSAs, local GHA and with Head Office Cargo department to ensure the highest quality service is provided by Qatar Airways both import and export.
- Flight monitoring to ensure maximum utilization of the flight capacity, and control and planning of export cargo flows. Maintain a close coordination between QR Space Control and customers by ensuring their shipments are transferred and delivered on time and with the right priority.
- Maintain ongoing contact with regional space control offices to maximize uplift options across the region, including feeding cargo to other European stations
- Disseminate all cargo related information for updating GSAs and customers regarding QR policies, amendments, customs, government and health authorities’ rules. Ensure the HO complies with regulations to avoid any possible fines and penalties.
- Provide support to finance pertaining to invoicing/follow ups to comply with finance policies and to meet deadlines.
- Assist in facilitating coordination between IATA/CASS and cargo offices within the region to ensure efficiency in billing and settlement processes.
- Assist in handling CAMS violations, finance reconciliations queries and shipment verification.
- Supervise GSA offices conducting sales activities in the region.
- Perform other relevant department duties as directed by the Head of Department.
- A minimum of High School education
- 3 years solid work related experience.
- Knowledge of DGR, AVI, Temperature Controlled Shipments, IATA and other Cargo related regulations.
- Knowledge of Cargo reservations systems is beneficial.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of one of East European languages is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS systems, computer literacy is mandatory.
- You must be eligible to live and work in Ghana.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED