Are you a South-West based Sales Representative with proven IT services sales experience? Do you want to represent a leading-edge IT consulting company and a respected brand in the data management space? Are you looking to earn with an incentive at 100%, $150,000 (for a full year)? No cap.
At Pythian, we’re looking for a successful Sales Representative to join our North American sales team. You will be responsible for hunting for new business and engaging with prospects to position Pythian’s services.
In addition, you will run complete sales cycle activities focusing on the evaluation and closing stages. If this is you, and you wonder what it would be like to work at Pythian, reach out to us and find out!
What will you be doing?
- Developing and executing a territory plan and target account expansion strategies and tactics and maintaining a robust sales pipeline.
- Developing leads, campaigns, and new go-to-market strategies and uncovering opportunities within net new accounts in your assigned territory.
- Develop a close working relationship with Google sellers within your territory.
- Managing contract negotiations and leading other pre-sale activities.
- Maintaining thorough records of customer interactions, providing sales projections, and meticulous CRM (salesforce.com) updating.
- Traveling, as required to attend in-person meetings with prospects and clients, attending conferences, trade shows, and other industry events, as well as annual sales kickoff meetings.
What do we need from you?
- While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
- 5+ years experience in selling professional or managed IT services in the cloud, application, analytics, data management and data infrastructure space.
- Previous experience in a sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets in the information technology or professional services sector with an emphasis on hunting for new business coupled with a desire to help clients solve difficult business problems with technology.
- Experience in selling cloud technologies and services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) as well as a deep understanding of the growing purpose and role of various public cloud platforms. Cloud certifications are an asset.
- Strong understanding of the vital role of data in the application and analytics space and the various underlying technologies both in the cloud and on prem.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce, and its importance.
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total comp package, we reward sales success!!
- Target compensation with an incentive of 100% is $150,000 (for a full year). No cap.
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office! You can be located anywhere in the Southeast sales region, all you need is a stable internet connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalize your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud, and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else.
Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 370 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce, and more.
Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google, and Microsoft.
The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding-edge technologies makes us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy.
For this job, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED