Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020.
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- To contract on behalf of Newmont, primarily for low spend and/or low risk. To collaborate effectively with all stakeholders in Mining and Maintenance at Subika in order to deliver best outcome of value to their budget, and to verify continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa operations. To facilitate the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management and Lifecycle procurement and contract Management process.
- To seek and leverage local, regional and global Newmont procurement opportunities to deliver value for the region.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Contracting Process Management
- Provide information and reports on sensitive contracting activities and progress on projects, including deviations from original contract.
- Verify that all contracts meet Newmont, local, state and national laws, rules and regulations.
- Generate Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) which can be converted to Outline agreements contracts.
- Execute Outline Agreements in a timely manner, which efficiently minimizes future labour and price for administering inventories.
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate purchasing vision and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders / customers and external business partners.
- Be responsible for operational engagement with end-users to order to verify continuity of supplier and effective management of budget.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems.
- Understand end-users budget and proactively plan to deliver value.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Support the Senior Site Supply Chain Manager, and Sourcing and Procurement Manager in the development of policy and procedures
Training & Experience
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Mining experience preferred
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge of SAP, Ellipse or equivalent enterprise level software packages is necessary.
- A working knowledge of procurement practices and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of lifecycle procurement and contract management.
- Strong knowledge of Supplier Risk Management process.
- 3-4 years of directly related procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for precise or detailed work is extreme.
- The incumbent is exposed to extreme mental pressure and stress.
- Collaboration and interaction is expected across the regional supply chain organizations as well as across other service and operational areas of Newmont.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED