- Company: Plan International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of Role:
- The Project Officer is responsible for supporting the delivery of results in line with the project’s objectives and supports program implementation at all stages throughout the project cycle.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring the quality of program delivery to keep the project on track and compliant with Global Affairs Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
- S/he will be reporting to the MEL Specialist and complement the hands-on support provided by the, Programme Compliance Specialist.
- S/he will be responsible for providing technical support and support in program/project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting processes.
- She/he will ensure integration, collaboration, coordination, communication and teamwork, within and across other projects/ programs implemented by Plan International Ghana.
- This role will also ensure the implementation of Plan’s Child Protection Policy and focus on feminist principles through gender transformative programming.
- The position will be based at the Country Office in Accra, Ghana
- Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
Feminist project delivery model:
Support the participatory development and implementation of the project based on feminist values and principles.
A strong understanding of participatory and results-based management, and technical proficiency in gender equality and empowerment of women and girls.
The job holder will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support the overall delivery of output and outcome and monitoring of activities on a regular and periodic bases (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually)
- Work with the MEL Specialist and Programme Management Specialist to support WROs in using the Kobo Collect and other tools and ensure relevant and quality project results and data is collected, analyzed, and disseminated to support evidence-based project intervention and decision making
- Conduct regular visits to the grantees across Ghana, or remotely, to participate in joint supervision activities with relevant stakeholders to ensure quality service delivery (as per the project work plan)
- Engage in the design and development of tools to collect outcome level performance indicator and disaggregate data through project evaluations.
- Identifies gaps in project implementation and practices, extracts learnings on successes, challenges, and lessons learned for corrective action and improvement. Under the leadership of the MEL Specialist, support the baseline, midterm, and end line evaluations of the project in accordance to the performance indicators set for the project.
- Along with the MEL Specialist, engage with consultants and research partners to ensure that commissioned research and evaluations are carried out to high international standards and successfully completed.
- Prepare and submit quality narrative reports in a timely basis; in collaboration with the WVL project team.
- Prepare(draft)donor country-level programs’ performance reports and ensure program quality and adhere to the department’s compliance requirements.
- Review the regular reports of the WROs and provide hands on feedback for improvements and continual learning.
- Upload and monitor the data in the SAP system for timely update in accordance with Plan Guideline including SAP administration reports to all related persons by quarterly (as appropriate).
- Capture, document, Stories of Change and share lessons learned from project implementation to larger stakeholders and the community, including evidence on project stories of change and promising practices.
- Undertake documentation and regularly track and update the project’s progress and data base of respective WROs and project locations.
- Support knowledge management and learning by producing specific programme information resources and promote best practices as part of monitoring, evaluation, program effectiveness practice, and learning.
- Lead the organization of review meetings and prepare events in collaboration with project team.
- Collaborate with other team members (Finance, Capacity development, Grant Compliance and Gender) to ensure effective program delivery and accelerated response across Plan International Ghana departments.
- Contribute to the wider work of the Programme Effectiveness team on a flexible and supportive basis.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- High level contact: The Project level program team, implementing partner organizations and Plan International Canada
- Medium level contact: the Project operations team, the CO based technical specialists
- Low level contact: Maintains low contact with other staff from Program Units and CO to offer support for understanding and implementation of the WVL related activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or Gender studies, or Social work, and other related field with a minimum of 5 years substantial experience of which at least two years’ experience with NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience of working on gender equality and empowerment of women and girls and advocacy of equality and inclusion.
- Experience with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including from policy-makers and senior management to local government and CSOs, as well as community leaders and beneficiaries.
- Experience in working with women development organizations,
- Grass-root development management experiences-understanding challenges and opportunities in the communities and field level realities of NGOs are desirable.
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Commitment to Plan International Ghana values Passion for gender equality, mission driven work and personal values
- Creates a strong sense of purpose within the portfolio and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Relates to people in a friendly, open manner and engenders trust from other staff,
- Creates strong sense of purpose within organization and with stakeholders,
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior,
- Promotes innovation and learning,
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail,
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly excellent writing, verbal, and editing skills
- Skills of statistical data analysis and reporting
- Experience with Kobo Toolbox, or other data collection software is considered an asset
- Working with wider range of women organizations, groups and or movement or with local partner organization,
- Establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures,
- Knowledge of compliance requirements of the department,
- An understanding of and commitment to the aims and values of Plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 23 April. 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED