1. General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
Strengthening water, sanitation and hygiene programming is in line with USAID’s Global
Water Strategy and efforts at overall development and achievement of the Sustainable
Development Goals. These targets have a focus on improved water supply, sanitation, hygiene and control, and eradication of water borne diseases. Increasing access to potable water and improved sanitation and hygiene are essential to achieving targeted health outcomes and sustained economic growth and poverty reduction. Increased emphasis on water, sanitation and hygiene improvements and a demonstrated gap in sanitation and hygiene attainment in West Africa creates the need for a dedicated WASH specialist to coordinate this activity area across multiple country offices, and to provide technical and programmatic support from USAID/West Africa.
The position will provide leadership, program management and technical support for United States Agency for International Development (USAID) water and sanitation-related programs.
The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Program Management Specialist will:
- Contribute to efforts to design and manage regional programs and targeted bilateral mission programs that focus on improving water supply, sanitation and hygiene;
2. Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate all mission activities contributing to improved water supply, sanitation and hygiene;
Provide overall technical analysis and guidance to the mission on strategies to
improve water supply, sanitation and hygiene; 4) Serve as a liaison between USAID and other United States Government (USG) agencies, national and regional WASH partners in government, non-governmental organizations (NGO) and donor agencies. The Water,Sanitation and Hygiene Specialist is expected to guide, coordinate, manage and monitor the expanding and high-profile water, sanitation and hygiene related portfolio of the region, leading to successful outcomes. He/She must interact with a range of bilateral colleagues involved in the sector, maintain oversight of the overall sector impacts and ensure the efficient use of resources.
2. Statement of Duties to be Performance
A. Program Management 60%
1. Develop concept papers, scopes of work, USAID program/project activity design documents and support bilateral and multilateral donor coordination related to the design of water,sanitation and hygiene related programs.
2. Support the design and implementation of targeted water, sanitation and hygiene program and activities with the goal of ensuring that program design and implementation will achieve
planned results and USAID goals.
3. Lead the development of a performance-monitoring plan for all Mission activities
contributing toward the objectives of the Senator Paul Simon Water for the Poor Act and its associated directives and contribute to data collection and synthesis.
4. Document development impacts and resolve implementation issues in an efficient and
5. Develop, maintain and strengthen working relationships with key partners, including
national ministries, local governments, international organizations and other donors, private sector, NGOs, universities and the media to identify and implement efforts to increase synergy among the key stakeholders.
6. Compile, analyze, and disseminate, on a regular basis, to USAID mission staff and
USAID/Washington, progress in achieving sector objectives together with commentary onissues and recommended solutions.
B. Sector Leadership and Strategy 25%
Lead efforts to identify, prioritize and address policy and institutional constraints impeding the attainment of sustainable access to improved urban and rural water supply and sanitation in the country. Help to identify, prioritize and address key technical challenges in water and sanitation service provision and management in the region. Identify opportunities to use available USAID resources to expand water supply and sanitation coverage and improve hygiene and leverage resources from other related funding streams, e.g., food security, sustainable landscapes, nutrition, etc. Play a key role in identifying and coordinating among 4 the various USG and internal USAID water, sanitation and hygiene-related activities and players. Actively engage with government, other donors and organizations involved in the sector to promote collaborative planning toward long-term sustainable solutions.
C. Advisory and Technical Services 15%
1. Provide briefings to USAID and its partners on the status of USAID water, sanitation and hygiene activities in West Africa or in priority or aligned countries in the region. Prepare and deliver presentations on the same issues to local government and USG officials and international and local program partners and colleagues.
2. Provide technical input to program and strategy design and planning based on knowledge of international best practice and the particular constraints presented in country.
3. Provide assistance in defining the type of assistance needed by the Mission, facilitate
discussions with water and sanitation service contractors, and schedule delivery of this
4. Carry out other tasks to support the achievement of USAIDs mandate and objectives, as directed by supervising officer.
3. Supervision Received: The incumbent works under the general supervision and policy
guidance of the Environment/WASH Officer, who will review and approve his/her work plan and performance measures. The incumbent is also expected to collaborate with the Program office where appropriate.
4. Supervision Exercised: The incumbent serves as AOR and Activity Manager for Water,
Sanitation and Hygiene activities in the Mission, and monitors grantees /contractors working in water and sanitation.
12. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requested does not involve undue physical demands
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
In order to be considered for the position, a candidate must meet the Minimum Qualifications. Applications will be pre-screened and only those that meet the Minimum Qualifications will be considered. These are the minimum qualifications necessary to be considered for the position:
a. Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in environmental management, public health, engineering, social and behavioral sciences, economics or related field is required. Demonstrated proficiency in computer-based software application and processing is required.
b. Prior Work Experience: At least 5 years of demonstrated practical experience in urban and rural water supply, sanitation, and hygiene improvement, including work in the countries in West Africa. The position requires a combination of managerial, technical, and analytical abilities combined with the demonstrated ability to manage resources and programs. Expertise in the areas of sustainable rural or urban water supply provision, basic sanitation improvement, hygiene promotion especially done in support of water and sanitation access improvements, sector policy reform, or program design is required.
c. Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and limited French is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Language proficiency may be tested.
REQUIRED FORMS PRIOR TO AWARD
The Contracting Officer (CO) will provide instructions about how to complete and submit the following forms after an offeror is selected for the contract award:
1. Medical History and Examination Form (Department of State Forms)
2. Security Clearance
3. Finger Print Card (FD-258)
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a CCNPSC is normally authorized the
following benefits and allowances:
a. Health Insurance
b. Annual Salary Increase (if applicable)
c. Annual and Sick leave
d. Annual Bonus Salary Advance (0% interest)
e. Social Security Contributions
f. Local and American Holidays
g. Social Security Contribution
2. ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
a. Meal Allowance
b. Miscellaneous Allowance
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should complete and submit the offer from AID 309-2 which is available at : https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-309-2
- Candidates must also submit a signed cover letter and a resume.
- Minimum of three (3) and a maximum of five (5) professional references with telephone and e-mail contacts, who are not family members or relatives. The applicant’s references must be able to provide substantive information about his/her past performance and abilities. At least one reference provided should be a current or former supervisor.
A supplemental document with written responses to the Evaluation Factors listed under Section III.
- Relevant educational certificate (s) and work permit or residency permit Relevant educational certificate (s) and work permit or residency permit.
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time on the first page of this solicitation and submitted via email to [email protected]
- Offeror submissions must clearly reference the Solicitation number on all offeror submitted documents.
CLOSING DATE: 23rd February, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED