PROJECT FINANCIAL OFFICER vacancies at EPA
The applicant will work under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator for the Ghana National Adaptation Plan (NAP) project to ensure the achievement of the expected Outcomes and Outputs of the NAP project as set in the approved GCF Funding Proposal document and the Project Coope.iation Agreement (PGA) between the Environmental Protection Agency of the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI) and UN Environment. He/She will be responsible for the overall financial management issues for effective implementation of the project.
The incumbent must demonstrate commitment to EPA’s mission, vision and values. S/he must display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator (NC), the Financial Officer will responsible for the execution of financial management activities such as maintaining project accounts, undertaking bank reconciliations, preparing quarterly and annual expenditure reports, preparing budget revisions and cash advance requests. The Finance Officer will be based in the Project Management Unit located in the premises of the Environmental Protection Agency. Specifically, the Financial Officer will have to:
- Keep the accounting records of the project;
- Arrange and archive accounting records in an appropriate manner in accordance with UN International Accounting Standards and Procedures Manual and the provisions of the Financing Agreements;
- Under the supervision of the National NAP Coordinator. prepare quarterly, mid-year and annual financial reports of the project at the established frequency and forward them no later than the fifteenth day at the end of each reporting period, while ensuring prior control of all financial information;
- Regularly monitor the financial implementation of the project within the approved budget and in accordance with the provisions of UN Environment and the provisions of the financing agreements;
- Carry out the year-end inventory (fixed assets, inventories, depreciation):
- Carry out the closing of the accounts at the end of the year;
- Prepare and facilitate the conduct of annual project audits, and improve internal control procedures by taking into account audit recommendations;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the National NAP Coordinator.
Knowledge Management and Learning
The incumbent must be willing to share knowledge and experience of the project implementation with stakeholders within the confines of the PCA. S/he must actively work towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Qualification and Experience
The successful candidate for the Financial Officer position will have the following profile:
- Have a degree in Accounting, Finance or any other equivalent degree;
- Must possess at least Level II of a professional accounting/finance certificate in addition to the degree;
- Have at least five years of professional experience in Accounting within a program, protect or reference structure, experience with the United Nations system will be preferable:
- Knowledge and experience in applying procurement processes of Government of Ghana and UN;
- Experience in working with EPA internal accounting procedures and process is a plus:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required;
- Ability to work under pressure, with short lead times;
- Have mastery computer skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and finance software (especially Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint);
Salary is commensurate with background and experience.
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters and Curriculum Vitae following address:
THE AG. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
P 0. BOX M 326
Closing date for submission of applications: Wednesday, 4th March 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group