Project Field Officer at SNV
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992 and is currently seeking applicants for two full-time positions for Project Officers on one of its WASH Projects.
The roles as Project Officers, will be based in the Nandom and Lambussie Karni districts with focus on sanitation facilities functionality.
The Project Field Officers will work mainly at the district level, ensuring the (quality of the) service delivery to the client or user community. Executes the local delivery of the project conform advice given by the advisor(s)/ project manager and conform SNV procedures and guidelines, making sure timelines and project standards are met. The Project Field Officers, will ensuring close working relationships with beneficiaries and partners in the field; ensure effective implementation of strategies for sustainable sanitation interventions and promote ODF implementation in the specific districts. S/he will lead in progress monitoring and contribute to annual review of investment plans developed.
1. Project Implementation
- Support in the quality implementation of the HF4A project in the intervention areas by working closely with the project technical experts and ensuring efficient implementation of plans made;
- Liaise with WASH Advisor (BCC Specialist), in implement relevant WASH focused behaviour change campaigns based on formative research conducted including attainment of ODF activities and post ODF activities. These include but not limited to supporting to prepare clear and understandable social/sanitation maps in intervention areas indicating existing sanitation status;
- Support the WASH Advisor (Engineer Specialist) in the implementation of hardware component at both the community, schools and health facilities level. Focus will be working closely with the expert to ensure quality of hardware deliverables.
2. Service & process delivery
- Provides process services and delivery to reach project goals, as guided by the advisor within given guidelines, ensuring consistency and quality of deliver. Guides and trains locals in (training towards) performing conform project goals.
3. Internal and External Communication
- Work with the team to ensure local presence of the project including identifying relevant private sector partners at the community level;
- Support in identifying and mobilization of different groups (School Teachers and Parents Group, Youth Sanitation Groups, Women Groups, community Sanitation Group etc.) in implementation of interventions in the communities;
- Informs and is informed about the development / changes in the project, is consistent responsive to the client community and pro-active and confident in engaging with external stakeholders
4. Monitoring and evaluation and progress reporting:
- Monitor activity implementation progress and quality of fieldwork implemented to ensure targets are being met;
- Coordinate with other WASH actors in the district and region, the communities, and other NGOs in order to incorporate best practices into programme planning;
- Contribute to monthly /quarterly reports and ensure all field reports are accurate and submitted in timely manner;
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in rural development, rural planning, community development and other related social sciences fields;
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in similar roles supporting WASH activities and and/or rural development projects implemented by national/international NGOs;
- Good data analysis and reporting skills;
- Commercial drive and quality orientation;
- Ability to work independently and under stressful conditions;
- Team player and able and willing to perform tasks assigned;
- Strong commitment to assigned tasks, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Computer proficiency in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email).
Closing Date : 3rd June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED