ICI is recruiting a Project Director to lead the implementation of a project on Engaging Cocoa Cooperatives to Combat Child Labor, funded by the US Department of Labour (USDoL)’s Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB). A total of 4 Million USD will fund the successful project over a period of 4.5 years. Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Project Director leads the project team to design, implement, and report on activities aiming at meeting the project Outcomes:
Outcome 1: Improved accountability of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labor in the cocoa supply chain.
- Outcome 1.1: Strengthened capacity of enforcement agencies to enforce child labor laws within cooperatives.
- Outcome 1.2: Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labor.
Outcome 2: Increased support to vulnerable cocoa households within cocoa cooperatives.
- Outcome 2.1: Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to provide sustainable assistance and support to prevent child labor.
- Outcome 2.2: Increased access to social protection and child labor remediation programs.
Please note that the position is subject to ICI’s successful grant delivery from USDOL ILAB.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of the cooperative agreement and/or contract requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, budgeting, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports), preferably in Ghana.
- Minimum three years of experience working in the area of child labor in supply chains, including on the implementation of traceability systems.
- Experience working on challenges in the cocoa industry preferred.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with all project stakeholders, including public, private, and civil society partners, and effectively build partnerships between them.
- Fluency in English required.
- Proficiency in a local language preferred.
How To Apply
Successful applicants must be willing to serve on the project within 45 days of award and will be asked to sign a letter of commitment.
Please submit a resume (4 pages maximum) and a cover letter in English. Each resume must include the following information:
- Educational background, including the highest education level, attained;
- Work experience covering at least the last five years of employment to the present, including such information as employer name, position title, clearly defined duties, and dates of employment;
- Special experience, capabilities, or qualifications related to the candidate’s ability to implement the proposed strategy and perform effectively in the proposed position; and
- Evidence of English fluency and other relevant language skills, if required (includes speaking, listening, reading, writing). For non-native speakers, evidence of fluency may include a TOEFL test score or transcript showing completion of advanced English language coursework.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in English by 07 August 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” as the subject heading
- ?ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial).
- ICI commits to putting the best interest of the child first, and at the center of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality, and culture.
- ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support, and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service providers, and visitors.
By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein
This position is funded by the US Department of Labour (USDoL). Successful candidates must agree with all USDoL policies, procedures, and requirements.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED