School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education. SfL supports civil society playing a strong role in pushing for equitable access to quality education, thus contributing to SDG 4 and SDG 5.
School for Life engages in evidence-based advocacy and collaborates closely with civil society education actors and education authorities on district, regional and national level. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
School for Life is leading a Consortium including YEFL-Ghana and the Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA) to implement a new project: “Citizens Led Action for Educational Accountability and Responsiveness in Ghana” (CLEAR), sponsored by Global Partnership for Education’s fund for advocacy and social accountability “Education Out Loud” and managed by OXFAM IBIS.
The project is aimed at contributing to equitable access to quality basic education for children in deprived areas of Ghana by strengthening transparency and accountability through citizens generated data and the facilitation of spaces for advocacy and stakeholder engagements.
- Location: Tamale with Frequent travels to other parts of the country
- Reports to: Programme Director
- Duration: Minimum of 2 years (with possibility of extension)
The position is a full-time job. The position holder will manage all aspects of project planning and quality implementation, including providing technical expertise, project finance and budget compliance, supervising staff tasks and performance, coordinating with partners, monitoring, evaluating and reporting, building staff and partner capacity as required. S/he is also expected to work closely with the SfL Programme Director and represent the organization in external meetings and workshops as required.
- Judicial Service of Ghana latest employment opportunities
- Job Vacancy At Labadi Beach Hotel
- New Job Vacancies Available At Legendary Foods Ltd
- Lindt Cocoa Foundation Invites Job Applications
- Marinel International School Invites Job Applications
- Vacancy Announcement|| DAI Invites Job Applications
- Accounting, Marketing, Driving And Public Relations Jobs Available
- Project Management:
- Provide technical support and supervision on efficient and effective implementation of assigned projects as per workplans, M&E plans, budgets, timeline and contractual obligations;
- Manage project team to ensure delivery of agreed deliverables, plans and strategies as per SfL policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure project activities are on track, managing risks and escalating issues, including developing and implementing solutions as necessary
- Support the Programme Director in relevant tasks of program management, including resource allocation and ensuring appropriate controls are maintained at all levels
- Oversee timely submission of program reports, meeting institutional and donor requirements, sharing challenges and successes
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Design relevant technical monitoring and implementing materials to ensure quality project implementation.
- Conduct regular project monitoring, evaluation, documenting and clear reporting on progress of project implementation against indicators and targets and determine corrective measures to improve project delivery
- Review and support elaboration of project documents and reports
- Personel Management:
- Conduct capacity building and/or mentoring activities for project staff and/or NGO partners as required
- Facilitate team building and cohesive working amongst team members and provide feedback to project team to ensure optimal performance
- Responsible for carrying out annual staff assessments of the Field Officers.
- Frequent travel to project operational districts to attend project sites and provide support to team as needed
- Networking and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Coordinate the capacity development activities for citizens groups and other project participants
- Represent School for Life and the CLEAR Consortium in coordination meetings, working groups and external relationships
- Contact and network with relevant agencies and development partners at district and national level
- Responsible for capacity building of local stakeholders within the districts with the support of the Technical Advisors
- Financial Management:
- Manage project budgets and spending in accordance with Value for Money, adherence with donor and SfL procedures and policies working with Finance and operations team
- Maintain project transparency and accountability within project team and with donors
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s degree in education, development studies, social science, or other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years proven project management experience with CSOs/NGOs especially managing education projects
- Experience and knowledge about the basic education sector and policy arena in Ghana
- Ability to work flexibly, troubleshoot, manage risks and adapt to changing organisational environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with others both internally and externally
- High organisational skills including an attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically about the development of a project, make links across the organisation and make the most of emergent opportunities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) using clear, non technical language
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work with colleagues from different backgrounds with different perspectives to drive project work and organisational priorities forward.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested applicants should visit the School for Life website: to complete the application process.
CLOSING DATE: Application must be submitted not later than 23.59H GMT on 18th March 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Females with the relevant qualification and experience are highly encouraged to apply.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED