Implement, manage, supervise and coordinate the organization’s programmes in accordance with the overall direction of the standards set out by the organisation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Includes)
- Plan the delivery of all programmes and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Evaluate new and existing programming to assess suitability and the need for changes, using information such as listeners surveys and feedbacks
- Monitor and review programming to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Perform regular checks of completed program logs for accuracy and conformance with relevant legislation and professional solve programme log inaccuracies and standards
- Lead the programming team to Select, acquire, and maintain programmes, music and other needed materials and obtain legal clearances for their use as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, recruit, interview and select well-qualified programming staff.
- Develop ideas for programmes and features that the station could produce
- Develop a framework for understanding listener preferences and lead the process of programming to attract and sustain listenership.
- Monitor schedule, ‘blocks’ and time ‘belt performance and recommend short term solutions as well as develop long-term planning strategies
- Identifying programming needs for the radio station and making recommendations for future needs.
- Ensure a high level of company visibility through effective promotional programmes.
- Develop budgets for programming and broadcasting activities and monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within budgetary limits.
- Provide weekly and monthly evaluation reports on all programmes to the General Manager, Radio and recommend changes to enhance the programming where necessary.
- Present monthly report on the analysis of competition, recognizing strengths and weaknesses and making recommendations.
- Direct the Programmes team to develop programme proposals
- Manage the administrative needs of the team
- Assign duties and monitors activities of team members in order to achieve set targets
- Identify leaming and development needs of team members and recommends training and/or other interventions for them
- Assess performance of team members
- Administer discipline to direct reports, when appropriate
QUALIFICATION/SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a first Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences from a recognised institution.
- Background in law is an advantage.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in a media Programmes with at least five (5) years supervisory experience
- Ability to formulate programmes policies
- Excellent knowledge and application of Intellectual Property Law
- Ability to conduct market research
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage programming of content
- Ability to plan and organise programmes to ensure that viewers and clients needs are met
- IT Knowledge and skill
- Time management skill
HOW TO APPLY
All interested persons who meet the above mentioned requirements are to please submit their CVs to this e-mail address: [email protected]
Kindly state the position you applied for as the subject. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
DEADLINE: 17th December 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED