Position Summary Impact Hub Accra is looking for a Programs Manager to lead our Programs team. You will be part of a team managing the delivery of a venture-support program for innovators to generate COVID-19 economic recovery. The program is funded by GIZ and the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The position is open to applicants based in Ghana.
The Programs Manager will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and the Regional Programs Manager. It is considered a management position
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 17,000 members around the world, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society, Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub Accra has been a leading innovation ecosystem convener since its founding in 2013.
Impact Hub Accra is about people who see and do things differently.
We invite you to join us!
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join us as Program Manager.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the context of post-COVID economic recovery The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of a Solution Booster Innovation Program funded by GIZ & BMZ in Ghana and will be
expected to liaise with cultivate good working relationships, and host the framework of collaboration with the various program participants, GIZ/BMZ representatives, the IH Accra team, and other stakeholders while implementing the program.
• Liaising with the funder and aligning program implementation activities, finance, and admin requirements to match their needs in coordination with the global program manager & local and global finance leads.
• Coordinating program planning and delivery activities, ensuring the timely delivery of content delivery, business support elements, communications, impact measurement and partnerships, among others
• Operational coordination and scheduling of online sessions with other team members, participants and facilitators/trainers
• Regular check on plans, budget and team progress Program systems set up and implementation Coordinating all stakeholders involved in program delivery
• Ongoing monitoring, data collection, evaluation, and reporting
Why does it?
• To support, advance and shape innovation processes in the COVID economic recovery context
• To strengthen your skills in coordinating venture support programs, especially liaising with International development partners and government agencies • To gain experience working and leading large-scale processes with cultures from around the world • To advance your knowledge of key innovation tools and methodologies.
Are we a match?
• You have experience with management for multi-stakeholder programs, particularly in a regional or international context
• You are a team worker and able to build relationships across a wide range of organizations and partners.
You have excellent user skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have delivered the project
You are a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills (fluent in English)
• with one of the widely used project management tools
• You are comfortable interacting with several stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary and distributed teams.
• You have previous experience in understanding diverse market dynamics and can work across different cultures in a respectful way to the local reality
• You are passionate about and immersed Into relevant topics, developments, and conversations in the field of innovation.
You are able to produce management information in a variety of formats and are experienced in report writing and presentations to key stakeholders.
• You are open-minded, self-reliant and excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, international environment
• You are able to demonstrate key components of the Impact Hub approach, entrepreneurship, collaboration, innovation, and exceptional execution ability
DESIRABLE (Non-essential) You have experience monitoring and reporting on complex projects for international development or government agencies
• Role Program Manager
• Position: Full Time
• Team Engagement. Independent Contractor
• Reporting Chief Executive Officer, IH Accra, and Regional Program Manager
• Location: Accra Remuneration (Independent Contractor) Competitive 8.000 GHS – 11,000 GHS Monthly depending on experience.
• The contractor will be responsible for paying their local taxes applicable
• Contract: 7 months contract until the 28th of February with 3 months’ probation period.
send your CV and Cover letter to [email protected]
In the subject of the email include your full name and the position you are applying for.
Upon initial screening, additional interviews will be conducted.
• Starting date for the position: 1st of August Application deadline: 12th of July 2020
• In case of any questions, please email [email protected]
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED