Procurement Officer needed at GIZ Ghana
The project is supporting the Ministry of Energy in Ghana in improving the financial sustainability of the energy sector and the framework conditions for promoting investments in renewable energies and energy efficiency and aims at strengthening the Ghanaian climate goals and sustainable and inclusive economic development.
Scope of the Role
As a Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for processing procurements of goods via GIZ country office Ghana and GIZ HQ as well as organizing all necessary documentation and logistics around procurement and delivery of goods. Also, small procurements up to the project’s threshold will be procured directly by you following strictly public procurement procedures.
- Implement and monitor an overall smooth and correct procurement processing for goods for local and international procurements as well as coordinate effectively with colleagues in the GIZ country office Ghana and with GIZ HQ.
- Purchasing materials and equipment for the projects in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions, you task will also be to ensure full documentation in hard copy and in the DMS as well as timely and close follow up on all processes in your hand with the relevant parties.
- Control procurement procedures on all levels are in line with GIZ procedures following internationally accepted procurement and tender procedures.
- Ensure an easy overview on all ongoing processes and their status to all team mebers from technical and administrative side.
- Lastly, Maintain a supplier data base and update it regularly by searching for new suppliers.
- B.Sc. /M.Sc. in Business Administration, Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or Commerce from a recognized University or College
- At least 5 years of experience as a procurement officer or related field in Government or NGO or international organization.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Familiarity with contracting rules in the public sector, especially with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Very high proficiency with Microsoft Excel; Very good communication skills and very good negotiation skills Proactive interest in improving quality of work; Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English;
- Finally, Strong interpersonal and service skills; Strong organization and time management skills; Ability to perform efficiently in a multicultural work environment; Ability to work under time pressure; Self-driven motivation to create knowledge and innovations
How to Apply for Procurement Officer at GIZ Ghana
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com under the Job Code 2022/SE4C/05/05.
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider the application unsuccessful.
GIZ in an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, vdnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply
Closing Date: 7th June 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED