Procurement Officer at CARE International
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated and resourceful Procurement Officer for the Country Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements.
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The Procurement Officer’s overall responsibility is to ensure the day-to-day procurement of goods and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner while keeping in mind legal considerations and donor requirements. S/he provides support to the sub-offices and projects’ administration on procurement related matters.
The incumbent is expected to deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy. S/he will also prepare and manage consultancy contracts.
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Firstly, Ensure quality and timely supply of goods and services (including consultants), locally or internationally in accordance with CARE rules
- Secondly, Handle the local and international procurement process to ensure a timely supply of goods and service (including consultancy services) according to the procurement policies and standards of quality of service (prepare SBAs, LPOs, etc.)
- Thirdly, Reviewing all purchase requisitions, verifying price targets, and ensuring that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all authorizations have been obtained
- Moreover, Coordinating with other departments to make sure purchase requisitions, supplier quote responses, and purchase orders are complete and clear
- Additionally, Vendor Management, Recordkeeping and Reporting:
- Then, Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents for recordkeeping and auditing, and maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments
- Also, Maintain an Approved Vendor List (AVL) with updated information on pricing by goods and services and performance ranking based on recent post-delivery evaluations.
- Furthermore, Periodically generate an evaluation report on supplier/vendor performance with recommendations based on service delivery/track record (at least every 6 months).
- Prepare, Process and Monitor Consultancy Contracts:
- Afterwards, Maintain and review consultant’s database of the Country Office, Ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures, Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary, follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract.
- Finally, Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
Required Skills or Experience
Good knowledge of Procurement systems and practice, policies and procedures.
A good understanding of donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, CIDA)
At least 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in procurement work.
Preferably Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction;
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree and in Supply Chain Management, Procurement with a combination of education and work experience.
- A member of Procurement professional body such as CIPS, ISM, MGIPS etc will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for Procurement Officer at CARE International
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Procurement Officer Application” in the subject line.
Submission deadline is Tuesday, 20 September 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED