USAID Advancing Nutrition is USAID’s flagship multi-sectoral nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners.
The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change, and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
From 2020 – 2022, USAID Advancing Nutrition will provide technical support and assessment services to advance the Government of Ghana’s efforts to improve equitable delivery of quality services that promote household resilience and early childhood growth and development.
Technical services provided through USAID Advancing Nutrition will strengthen national and local government planning in Northern Ghana and stimulate the development of multisector solutions to the most pressing food security and nutrition problems. The portfolio will encompass activities funded by USAID/Washington as well as the USAID Ghana Mission.
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to the Organization. The Procurement Assistant promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality, and result-oriented approach in the Procurement Unit. Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to;
- Assistance with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal, and co-ordination of their timely dispatch/delivery
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manuals
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids, and proposals for evaluation;
- Researching pricing obtaining quotes locally on low-value items;
- Assist with the coordination and selection of bids to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice, and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials are needed. Find out the sample of the material to be purchased if necessary;
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Perform other duties related to the field as assigned by the supervisor.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics Management or a relevant field
- Must have 4 – 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility, and honesty.
- Must have procurement-related experience on a USAID-funded project
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who can plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with strong presentation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : ONGOING
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED