Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Procument Officer At National Development Planning Commission.
JOB PURPOSE: Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Manager, provide professional support for the provision and effective management of service delivery in their respective units.
Duties and Responsibilities (Applicable to both Principal Officers)
- Oversee and coordinate policies, procedures and routines in their respective units
- Support the preparation of NDPC’s annual budget by providing the appropriate inputs
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the effective function of the unit
- Prepare periodic reports on all activities and projects related to their respective units
- Support in the provision of services and facilities necessary to support operation of the NDPC
- Ensure staff appraisals are carried out in a timely matter
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Manager or Director
Additional Duties and Responsibilities applicable to Principal Officer, Procurement
- Scrutinise tendering arrangements and other means of obtaining competitive prices to comply with the National, Procurement, Contract and Financial procedure/rules
- Monitor contractual and procurement action, implement Contract Close-out and recommends termination where necessary
- Ensure contract compliance and performance management in the implementation of goods, works and services contracts in collaboration with clients
Additional Duties and Responsibilities applicable to Principal Officer, IT
- Coordinate the design and development of procedures, standards and guidelines to support the implementation of ICT systems within the organization
- Approve and recommend technical specifications for the requisitioning, procurement and the deployment of equipment, software resources and other ICT systems for NDPC.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of security measures to protect the ICT installation, infrastructure, and systems of NDPC
Qualification and Experience (Principal Officers)
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, IT or relevant field as applicable from a recognized Tertiary Institution
- Must have a minimum of nine (9) years post qualification working experience of which at least three (3) have been in senior management.
- Membership of a recognised and relevant professional body.
- Knowledge of human resources, management, procurement, supply chain management, information technology and systems as applicable.
- Knowledge of budget and financial management principles and practices, specifically of the Public Financial Management Act 2016, the National Labour Act, Internal Audit Agency Act and the Public Procurement Act.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and an understanding of systems management.
- Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft Office suite and statistical analysis softwares.
Competencies in (Principal Officers):
- The Labour Laws, Financial Administration, Internal Audit Agency and the Public Procurement Acts
- Leadership, Organisational, Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Performance Management skills
- Negotiation, Collective bargaining and lobbying skills
- project and programmes management
- ICT skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates (you will need to bring the original if you are shortlisted for an interview)
- Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
- Vision statement for Director positions only on how the applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper)
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to:
The Human Resources Department
National Development Planning Commission
No.13 Switchback Road
P.O. Box CT633
Or email to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday, 18th December 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED