Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Procument Officer at National Biosatey Authority
- Company: National Biosatey Authority
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the collection of data for the formulation of policies;
- Collates data for development of the procurement manual and procedures;
- Conducts market surveys to identify sources of supply,
- Prepares the annual procurement plan; 5. Prepares notices and other related tender documentation in line with the procurement plan:
- Prepares tender documents and advertisements; 7. Prepares contract notices to successful tenderers and inform unsuccessful tenderers accordingly:
- Collates data for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports on the procurement functions to the Public Procurement Authority through the Head of Entity:
- Manages stores in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations
- Facilitates the effective management of the procurement process,
- Collates data for the preparation of the budget and work plan of the Unit;
- Collates data for the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Unit:
- Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement Management, Purchasing & Supply or any other related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or any recognized professional procurement body.
- A minimum of one (1) year post-Bachelor’s degree relevant work experience in a reputable organisation
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
- Excellent knowledge in the Public Procurement Act.
- Knowledge Public Financial Management Laws and Regulations. Good knowledge and understanding of Public Administration System.
- Knowledge of physical and chemical properties of materials.
- Good knowledge in Strategic Management.
- Leadership and networking.
- Monitoring and evaluation skills Good Contract Management.
- Knowledge in material handling, logistics, warehousing and custom clearance. Knowledge of inventory procedures and guidelines.
- Quantitative, Qualitative and Analytical skills.
- Good knowledge in conflict management. Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and mentor. High integrity and good ethical standards
- Good negotiation and advocacy skills,
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge in IT applications.
- Knowledge in Administrative Procedures.
- Report writing skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED