Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Principal Planning Analyst At National Development Planning Commission.
JOB PURPOSE To provide technical support for development policy, planning, coordination, M&E and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct studies on relevant development issues
- Build and sustain effective working relation with sector agencies and sub-national structures
- Collate inputs for the preparation of work programmes and timetables in conformity with the Divisions and Commission’s objectives
- Provide technical analysis for the formulation of sectoral policies and plans
- Prepare quality policy papers to be presented at both national and international conferences
- Contribute to research on national development issues and maintain a repository of knowledge for purposes of learning and assisting other organizations as needed
- Conduct analysis on the implementation of development plans, policies and projects
- Support the preparation of Long-term and Medium-term Policy Frameworks, Planning Guidelines, Annual Progress Report and other key deliverables
- Maintain and update effective Management Information Systems
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Directors and Director-General
Qualification and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in Development Planning, Development Policy or relevant discipline of Economics, Social Sciences, M&E with strong analytical background.
- Membership of a recognised and relevant professional body.
- A minimum of nine (9) years’ post qualification experience of which at least three (3) years have been in senior management.
- Knowledge of both national and international development issues and enhanced understanding of the National and sub-national Planning Processes including Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrable evidence of experience and previous work involving strategic and/or development planning.
- Demonstrable experience in research and policy analysis with relevant publications in high reputable journals.
- Demonstrated capacity to generate and implement new ideas.
- Excellent skills on resource mobilization.
- Knowledge in the conduct of research, data analysis and interpretation.
- Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft Office suite and statistical analysis softwares.
- Planning, policy analysis and formulation
- Monitoring, measuring, evaluation methodologies
- The conduct of research, data analysis and interpretation
- Microsoft Office suite and the use of the internet
- Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analytical Skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the under-listed:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates (you will need to bring the original if you are shortlisted for an interview)
- Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
- Vision statement for Director positions only on how the applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper)
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to:
The Human Resources Department
National Development Planning Commission
No.13 Switchback Road
P.O. Box CT633
Or email to [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday, 18th December 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED