The Presbyterian Center for Vocational Instructors Development (PRECEVID) is an evolving Centre of excellence for the development of the human resource base for the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector in Ghana. PRECEVID recognized for the delivery of Competency Based Training (CBT) approaches is currently collaborating with industry to run professional demand-driven TVET programmes especially in hospitality. PRECEVID is located in Kumasi and has built good relationships with other professional institutes of higher learning.
Rosewood Cottage is a teaching hotel for the Presbyterian Centre for Vocational Instructors Development (PRECEVID) located at Kyirapatre, Kumasi. PRECEVID is looking for a very skillful person in Culinary Art to employ as CHEF for the Food and Beverage Department.
Purpose of Position
Ensure consistent quality food production and service under good sanitary conditions and to maintain accurate up-to-date and relevant records in order to meet set targets.
- Adheres to operating guidelines for the department
- Plans menus and develop standards recipes.
- Ensures consistency in production and presentation of food quality.
- Ensures the compliance of food production operations regarding safety, sanitation and food preparation.
- Prepares and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Determines production schedules and timely delivery of services
- Submits requisitions for kitchen supplies.
- Formally receives goods purchased.
- Makes recommendations for all kitchen operations.
- Minimizes/ eliminates/controls waste.
- Compiles and analyses food costs.
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment and tools.
- Ensures proper storage of all items in the kitchen.
- Handles food orders.
- Controls waste.
- Maintains records on kitchen operations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in institutional cookery or City and Guilds certificate in catering
- At least 3 years working experience in industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good time management skill
How To Apply
Interested applicants should forward their Introduction letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates to
Deadline: March 11, 2021
NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED