Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Deloitte Ghana Recruitment 2020.
The USAID-funded Power Africa West Africa Energy Program (WAEP or the Program), works to expand supply of and access to affordable and reliable grid-connected electricity services in West Africa through a range of technical assistance, capacity building and transactional support to advance Power Africa’s objective in the West Africa region. WAEP will implement targeted interventions to achieve the following three outcomes:
- Increase the supply of power in West Africa
- Enable expanded end-user connection to the grid
- Improve the technical and institutional capacity and performance of select national utilities, and another relevant national power sector entities.
- The Power System Engineer/Analyst will provide support to Ghana’s Outcome 1 team on power planning activities to update the IPSMP and to support energy efficiency and related activities and shall perform the following general functions:
Effectively inspire, lead, manage, and ensure the day-to-day personal performance in compliance with the Project Work Plan and the Project administrative and policy manual;
- Support the development and implementation of the Project’s technical efforts on Outcome 1, CLIN 2 (Ghana) Programs.
- Effectively liaise with the CLIN 2 technical teams, cross-cutting team and divisions of USAID on all aspects of the Project Work Plan implementation;
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture;
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest;
- Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy/USAID project directives, whether written or verbal; and
- Perform any and all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of Project goals and objectives.
Specific Tasks Applicable to the Position
- As directed by the Chief of Party or his/her designee, the Employee shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
- Provide support to the “Planning Committee” (PPTC) to update the IPSMP
- Provide support in the implementation of the competitive procurement in the power sector
- Provide support to OC1 Lead to work with EC in the update of the IPM Model
- Provide direction on data collection efforts for evidence-based analysis for CSOs, PURC and EC
- Support both annual and long-term demand forecast for the PPTC.
- Collate updated power system data e.g. Generation data, Transmission line upgrade data, etc.
- Support further work on AMI Analysis as inputs into any tariff study
- Support the adoption on non-wire alternatives (NWA) to address network constraints.
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, and any other related field, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in energy sector, 8 – 10 years’ experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in similar context in Ghana.
- Previous experience with USAID and Power Africa preferred, and/or with donor agency programs
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to write, communicate, and prepare engagement materials fluently in English
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 30th September 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED