Postdoctoral Fellow at The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana, with funding support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is implementing a project titled ‘Supporting a Drug Discovery Hub Development in Ghana’. This project seeks to train young scientists and technicians towards building a critical mass for drug discovery applications, equip them to compete effectively for international funding for research work in Africa, offer them international exposure, and facilitate their networking and collaboration with other institutions. This call is to invite interested applicants apply for specific positions in the fields of Malaria-in Call vitro antimalarial drug assays.
Role: Postdoctoral Fellow
- This person must have expertise in performing antimalarial drug assays in addition to the items listed below a. Malaria parasite (asexual stage and gametocyte) culture
- Performing SYBR Green 1 drug assays, Ring stage survival assays (for artemisinin resistance) and Gametocidal assays
- Using the flow cytometer and analyzing data obtained from the flow cytometer
- Critical thinking and manuscript writing skills
- A Young Scientist seeking research career in academia or industry. Applicant should have a Ph.D., MD/Ph.D. or equivalent degree in relevant biomedical sciences (biochemistry, biological sciences, molecular biology etc.) obtained within the past 5 years.
- Individuals who have submitted their Ph.D. dissertations are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be highly motivated, have strong research and conceptual skills and be interested in developing novel research directions.
- Applicants must have strong written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of English would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Prospective candidates should complete and submit an application pack (both electronic and hardcopies) to The Assistant Registrar, NMIMR. The application should include the following:
- A letter of application (stating areas of expertise, research interests and experience); b) An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- List of publications; d) Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates and transcripts; and, e) Two academic references
HOW TO APPLY
Submit hardcopies to:
The Assistant Registrar
Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
University of Ghana
P.O. Box LG 581
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Deadline of Application Submission Applicants should send both electronic and hardcopies of their applications to The Assistant Registrar, NMIMR by April 13, 2022 (17.00hr GMT)
- Bunge Latest Job Recruitment
- Panacea Pharmaceuticals Ltd Latest Jobs
- APPLY NOW|| Creative Associates Job Recruitment
- FARA Jobs For Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers
- Standard Chartered Jobs April 2022 Opening
- Digitalization job recruitment opened
- APPLY NOW|| INFUSEmedia Latest Job Openings
- Sulzer Pumps US Inc Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED