Police officer drowns while chasing illegal miners on River Sui
On Tuesday, September 27, a police officer, whose name is Nuhu Abubakar lost his life after drowning in River Sui in the Sefwi Bodi District of the Western North Region.
This police officer was part of a team that was on an anti-galamsey operation at Sefwi Amoaya in the district.
The police have issued a statement that they have begun investigations on the circumstances that led to the incident.
“Preliminary report indicates that the deceased Police Corporal together with a Police team were on anti-Illegal Mining Operation duty around the River Sui when the unfortunate incident happened.
“While investigations continue, the Police Administration wishes to express its deepest condolences to the bereaved family, colleagues and the Service as a whole.”
For more local news, CLICK HERE
- Cape Coast High Court cancels 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results
- Gunshots in Bawku again as police worried residents reluctant to volunteer info
- Deadly Weekend: Groom crashes to death on way to wedding
- Jealous groom beats male wedding guest for tightly hugging his bride (Video)
- Drink water if you can’t afford the new prices of alcohol – GIHOC Boss tells Ghanaians
- Gov’t extends deadline for SIM card re-registration
- Ho: 12 Commercial sex workers arrested
- Video evidence of street robbery at Adenta SSNIT Flat area
- Regularly monitor your bank account balances; report any suspicious transactions – BoG urges
- Ghanaians Face Punishing New Levy On Electronic Payments
- E LEVY CHARGES ON MOBILE MONEY IN GHANA 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED