Plantations Socfinaf Ghana (PSG) Limited wishes to inform all qualified and interested candidates about a vacant position in the Plantations Department: Assistant Estate Manager
- Be the head of a +-2000 ha oil palm Estate
- Report tthe Plantation Manager
- Work together with Divisional Supervisors
To manage the Field Operational Activities of One of the Estates of the Plantations Department, Plan, develop and implement systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the Estate to leverage for productivity, growth and expansion of the entire Plantations Department and the Company as a whole.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing entire Estate operations
- Ensuring implementation of all Company’s standard operating procedures and policies.
- Responsible for all maintenance activities of the estate, as a basis of good “crop making”.
- Responsible for all harvesting activities, till delivery of the crop tthe mill, as a basis of good “crop taking”.
- Forecast the activities of the estate and ensure all activities / operations are done with the highest quality standards in the most competitive cost.
- Perform maintenance activities of the estate with general interests such as roads, bridges or camps.
- Ensuring plantation safety & healthy environment and trainings in the plantation.
- Ensure overall manning requirements tachieve targets of the Estate under the applicant’s responsibility.
- Training and developing competent personnel tmeet company objectives and ensure continuity.
- Participate in the elaboration of budget and be accountable of all expenses during the year.
- Would be required tdiscipline employees of the Estate without fear of favor for all aspects of bad job performance and misconduct. Likewise, good job performances of employees under the Assistant Estate Manager’s supervision are tbe rewarded.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Plantations Manager and the Managing Director as and when the situation demands.
The successful applicant must possess
- A minimum of a First Degree in Agriculture or its equivalent with
- A minimum 7 – 10 years of plantation operation experience in Oil Palm.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge in managing people
- Knowledge in the use of the computer (Microsoft word, excel, and the internet i.e. e-mail, outlook and spread sheet).
- Conversant with contract management skills.
- Management skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Multi task skills
- Team player.
- Ability to communicate well in the Akan language is a plus
- Knowledge in team management.
- Knowledge in client/customer service or management.
- Familiar with the operations and management of Agro-based industries.
- Knowledge in Contract Management.
- Knowledge in farm/planting/harvesting management
- Exhibit honesty and integrity.
- Results oriented.
- Good ‘people’ management.
- Good relationship with all the staff and the clientele of the company.
- Contract management acumen.
How To Apply
Please send your CV’s and cover letters to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 20th October 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED