Plant Mechanic Job Available at Kinross Gold Mine
Chirano Gold Mine is an underground and open pit gold mine in the Western Region of Ghana, within the Bibiani gold belt. It is 90% owned by Toronto-based Kinross Gold Corporation.
Chirano Gold Mine is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of a Process Plant Mechanic.
Job Profile – Plant Mechanic
Responsible for the daily maintenance and servicing of the plant, machinery, pumps, hydraulics and pneumatics for optimum perform of the Process Plant in achieving production targets.
Location and Reporting LinemThe position is based in Chirano, Western Region- Ghana. S/He reports to the Plant Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance and availability of the process plant.
- Proactively participates in safety meetings and promotes safe working practices
- Actively partakes in hazard identification & correction and report all unsafe acts or conditions to the Shift Supervisor.
- Repair and maintain the process equipment including crushers, screens, conveyors, pumps, grinding mills, gravity concentrators, hydro cyclones, flotation cells and pressure filters to maintain optimum performance.
- Inspect and report the condition of machinery and communicate with Plant Lead-hands on a daily basis to discuss deviations in need of repair or service.
- Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain CGML assets
- Conduct job safety analysis to identify and isolate any hazards energy, LOTOTO (lock-out, tryout, tag-out), working at heights, confined spaces, etc. prior to undertaking any task.
- Ensure all safety guards on rotating equipment are in place when it is energized.
- Report all incidents, accidents, near misses, emergency response protocols and first aid events to Supervisors as soon as possible.
- Assist with preventative, predictive, and corrective equipment maintenance; reviews operation of plant equipment and systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and repair, install, and rebuild stationary production
machinery, including but not limited to, batch plants, vibratory screens and inter-tank screens, pumps, heat exchangers, conveyors, Jaw and Cone crushers in accordance with maintenance standards / work management practices.
- Monitor and inspect the process plant equipment to ensure its correct operation and
- Ensure proper housekeeping at your work area.
- Work with the process team to ensure optimum performance of the process plant.
- Assist in the development and review of the process operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned
Education, Work Experience & Key Competencies
- Minimum of WASSCE or SSSCE certificate in Science or similar combination of
- A higher qualification in Mechanical or related discipline will be an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Process Plant Maintenance particularly gyratory and cone crushers, screens, conveyors and gold recovery plants.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems in
relation to plant maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge in Preventive / Predictive Maintenance of the Process Plant.
- Proven ability to read and interpret technical drawings, parts books and service manuals
(including specifications) and sketch or redline existing drawings for Company Equipment
- Ability to conduct shift handover, detailing all relevant information correctly in the log books
- Understanding of Mining Health & Safety Procedures.
- Competency in Sectional Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills
- Ability to operate a Forklift will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for the Plant Mechanic Job Available at Kinross Gold
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application and CV to
[email protected] with Plant Mechanic indicated in the subject line
The deadline for submission of application is 30th June, 2022.
Chirano Gold Mine is an equal opportunity employer
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED