- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Plant Day Supervisor: Goldroom-Gravity-Plant Services.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The incumbent will ensure the final product of the process plant comes out in the form of bullion and assist in the dispatch of same. He/she will liaise with the shift team to ensure the elution schedule is properly followed right from CIL carbon management to electrowinning cycles. The role demands decisiveness, sacrifice, commitment and excellent organizational skills.
- Actively promote and partake in all Health, Safety and Environmental programs as set out by AGAG Obuasi.
- Accountable for his or her own safety and the safety of all employees on the mine including his direct reports and contractors.
- Closely monitor all PPEs used in reagent handling, goldroom and gravity circuit are available in their right qualities and quantities for use.
- Enforce all environmental work procedures that have been issued by the Departmental Manager.
- Accountable for team’s environmental obligations and performances.
- Conduct formal meetings with team and report any weaknesses in the environmental procedures.
- Assist in developing and periodic review of SOPs related to his or her area of accountability.
- Socialize SOPs and other operational document related to his/her area of responsibility to his direct reports.
- Research into best practices and be updated with new and improved approach to operating gold room and gravity circuit.
- Shall be the custodian of all gold room related activities, including electrowinning cells efficiencies, calcine oven smelting furnace management.
- Shall liaise with security team to ensure the security of the bullion, concentrates, gold bearing materials and other valuable in the gold room.
- Shall ensure the bullion records and other important records are not released to people who are not entitled to them.
- The incumbent shall ensure relevant stocks are kept for critical consumables in the goldroom, gravity circuit and general plant reagents and raise the alert the department of any likely shortage.
- With the assistance from department management and shift team develop weekly and monthly ounces production strategies and ensure they are achieved by following through the right elution and gravity performance
- Liaise with the maintenance team to ensure timely attendance/addressing of any issue that may lead to unavailability of the gold room, elution and gravity circuits and escalate any such concerns.
- Accountable for the in-plant reagent staging area, organize for the preparation and making available reagents needed for the operation of the plant.
- The incumbent and his/her direct reports shall attend to plant “bushfires”. Assist with all major day activities/task including major housekeeping activities on the plant.
- The day supervisor shall ensure a healthy work relation between the shift team and day services team to facilitate good information sharing between the two disciplines.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc/Diploma. Metallurgical, Chemical, or Materials and mechanical Engineering with 2 years process plant experience.
- Qualification from a secondary school or A-level with 5years process plant supervisory experience could be considered.
- Basic First Aid Certification will be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience on a recognized process plant.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience with cyanide sparging/mixing and storage facility.
- Mobile equipment operating experience will be a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years goldroom experience
- Previous experience with gravity plant operation.
- Previous knowledge/experience with process plant reagents
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to understand and appreciate the hazards associated with process plant reagent and gold room activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivated/driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
- Good leadership skills and must carry along his team to achieve target.
- Good conflict resolution skills
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 4TH MARCH, 2021.
Method of Application
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED