Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
|Title||Quality Assurance Manager|
|Functional Area||Country Office- Accra|
|Reports to||Country Director|
|Location||Country Office||Travel required||50%|
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
This position under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Quality Assurance function is responsible for developing, directing, and coordinating a comprehensive quality assurance program which supports improvement of the risk management of Plan international Ghana.
Reporting to the County Director, this position is responsible for the Internal Audit (IA) function of Plan International Ghana, including the management of the Internal Audit. He/she is responsible for the strategic direction of the function, specifically contributing to the improvement of the quality and compliance of Plan Inter Ghana’s operations and programs to the standards/procedures/policies of the organization and relevant donors.
The position will direct and coordinate a comprehensive Internal Audit programme which supports improvement of the risk management of Plan International Ghana. Whilst the responsibility for risk management falls to the Country Leadership Team (CLT), the IA function is the primary instrument for its implementation and improvement
Dimensions of the Role
[This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved and the reach of the role.]
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – Country wide
- Located at country level
- Programs systems and processes for compliance and management information
- Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of all Plan systems.
- Provide the Management of Plan International Ghana with updated and concise information on its operations and program implementation and proactively identify risks which need to be mitigated and/or eliminated.
- To oversee internal control in all of our program units’ offices including Grants and sponsorship programs.
- Plan International Ghana is working through partners, and will continue to increase its portfolio of engagement with partners. The position will therefore be responsible for leading due diligence against all partners, supporting the development of capacity building plans, regularly conducting audits, and working closely with the Programs team to support them in the implementation of the Plan’s Building Better Partnerships policy.
- Plan International Ghana has a sponsorship caseload of 27,653. There is an absolute need to assure management of the quality of communications produced thus to continue maintenance of sponsors trust.
- To identify and analyze the risks that may impede Plan International Ghana from achieving its objectives concerning its partners and communities by providing appropriate measures to satisfactorily manage the different risks identified.
To provide reasonable assurance on the functionality of procedures and policies in order to assure management of the protection and safeguarding of children and other key stakeholders; and the accuracy and reliability of financial reporting and supporting information.
[This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
This should include a series of brief statements that define the end results required. e.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate etc.
Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like “achieve maintenance standards” than “undertake maintenance”. The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.]
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Coordinates and monitors the Quality Assurance function and programs.
- Participates in the design, implementation and monitoring of all the processes required in the Quality Assurance work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format and protocols) etc.
- Strengthens the risk management processes in line with the Global and Regional strategy through facilitation of the country risk management plan of actions and monitoring of the Risk Register.
- Follows up on Action-Plans agreed between management and external Auditors for full compliance and report to Country Director
- Reviews the current Internal Control Systems for its effectiveness and appropriateness to achieve the organization’s objectives and reports on areas of improvement.
- Performs special confidential tasks assigned by the Country Director.
- Ensures quality standards are met through review of processes at risk in the annual review plan.
- Monitors action taken by management in response to assurance reviews, ensuring effective follow up.
- Performs other duties, including undertaking complex or sensitive reviews and investigations as assigned.
- Adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Supports in ensuring Plan’s gender equality policy is adhered to.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Country’s program.
- Oversee the review of contracts, MoUs, funding agreements in conformity with approved procedures, laws.
- Control of sponsorship communication- test of different types of communications.
- Participate in departmental meetings to share experience and understand the workings of the department.
- Participate in all external audits commissioned by Plan or donor.
- Participate in Global Assurance audit.
- Planning, monitoring and quality review of Assurance engagements on key systems, processes, policies and controls carried out at the Country level.
- Develops a Financial Year (FY) work plan for the country/specific area of work, as agreed with the Country Director, that provides assurance on key systems, processes, policies and controls in Plan Ghana
- Prepares and monitors budget to implement the Annual Work plan
- Reviews ongoing assurance assignments on the work plan in line with International Standards on internal auditing
- Prepares Reports to relevant stakeholders on assurance engagement assignments undertaken
- Monitors the process of management’s Actions in response to Assurance Reviews.
- Provide assurance to management of compliance to Plan policies and procedures by regularly reporting on assignments carried out.
- Conduct review of procurement process to determine level of risk and propose actions to mitigate them.
- Contribute in the quarterly review of country budget through budget versus actual spreadsheet.
- Responsible for the quarterly review of advances and their liquidation in SAP software.
Change Management, management support and learning:
Influences change within and across the organization to strengthen risk management, accountability and effectiveness and supports management in improving operations and to provide a platform for learning across Plan.
- Provides practical recommendations on how to improve systems, processes, policies and controls
- Facilitates the sharing of learning, based on best practices or from different units within the organization as well from best standards and practices from the industry
- Provides technical support in network meetings and other organizational trainings focusing on risk management and effectiveness of the control framework
- Provides advice to CMT on systems, processes and policy reviews, in agreement with the Country Director
- Actively participates in Regional and other leadership meetings to provide strategic input on risk management
- Contributes to the induction of New County Management Team members upon request on risk management, effectiveness of the control framework and the role of quality assurance
- Support the Internal Auditor in the development of individual Terms of Reference (ToR) and work plans to enable the satisfactory execution of internal control activities.
- Drive the selection of external auditors by preparing term of reference, and review the technical offer of bids.
- Conduct training on Plan Ghana policies and procedures to staff and partners, specifically the Anti-Fraud and Corruption policy.
Builds relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate conduct of quality assurance engagements and exchange of knowledge on assurance best practices
- Builds relationships with key internal stakeholders mainly program unit and country management to facilitate the conduct of quality assurance engagements and identify appropriate areas for management support.
- Interact with other quality assurance functions from local and other INGOs, local INGOs and the donor community to exchange knowledge and learn on assurance best practices and developments in risk management.
- Accesses and supports professional networks and communities of practice
- Responsible for the review of partners (LNGOs) activities (deliverables, reporting) in relations to Funding Agreements signed with Plan on a quarterly basis.
- Work with the Country Management Team to reinforce strategic engagement with risk management systems, including proactively mitigating risks, and ensuring the system accurately reflects risks identified at the program unit and program areas level.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them.
This includes how much freedom the position has to make decisions; for example, “may approve invoices up to $1,000.”
- Working across a large geographical area and multiple countries with languages that require strategic choices to be made on the prioritization of assurance needs to be addressed
- The role works with management at country, regional, International Headquarters and National Offices level. This places a requirement for the development of excellent working relationships and communication that is greater than in more regular management relationships
- Deciding which assignments to prioritise given the many competing assurance needs of the various stakeholders in the region and the wider organisation
- Finding effective assurance solutions to countries with varying and rapidly changing risk levels
- Advising management at different levels in the organisation on effective risk management and accountability.
- Making effective recommendations to management on how to improve the control framework and manage risks in various contexts and across different functions
- Influencing management to implement recommendations made from assurance review
- Identifies, analyses and documents all success factors and risks facing Plan and its partners in the country. Updates that analysis as often as needed and reports them to management and provides his/her recommendations for validation or improvement of risk management and overall internal control system.
- Helps in identification of capacity building needs with regards to staff, partners and community understanding and compliance to Internal Controls procedures.
- Provides training and technical support to Plan partners and communities to best practices with regards to Plan finance and administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensures the existence and use of effective internal controls.
- Drive the testing of internal control system in place for robustness, efficiency and effectiveness
[This section refers to people inside and/or outside of the organisation that the post-holder needs to have contact with, and why. This should include virtual presence.]
- Country Management Team (including PU Managers)
- Plan Ghana Technical Specialists
- Maintains high contact with staff regarding Plan policies and procedures
- Maintains medium contact with the Regional office and other Global Assurance team
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
[This section details the skills, knowledge and expertise the postholder will be required to demonstrate in doing the job well.
This should include clear levels of technical expertise and skills that support our work at national, international, and global level.]
Gained through education, training, & experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Second Degree in the fields of Accounting, or Auditing or its equivalent in a related field of study.
- Extensive practical experience of at least five – seven years of practical Audit Management experience in a recognized organization either in the INGO sector or public accounting firm.
- Fully qualified CA, CIA, CPA, ACCA, or other internationally recognized accounting/auditing qualification.
- Knowledge about program and project implementation is an added advantage.
- Ability to train and mentor a team, partners and communities
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Ability to study and quickly understand new operating environment and organizational systems.
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good listening and negotiating skills
- Independence and objectivity, you should be able to work with minimum supervision
- Organized, methodical and meticulous
- Promoting high performance
- Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes
- Excellent Team spirit.
- Promotes innovation, learning and transparency
- Communicates effectively and enthusiastically as appropriate to the audience
- Gains, develops and retains credibility
- Behaves consistently in their approach to work and decision making
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
The position typically works in an office environment with 50% extensive travel in Plan programme areas and visit to partner organizations.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Low contact- the job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have any one-to-one contact with children on a daily basis. There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : October 11, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED