Effective with the release of this position announcement, WEC is seeking applicants for the position of a Pipe Fitter to be based in its Project Site in Ahafo.
The Pipe Fitter reports to the Piping Supervisor on the project.
Direct Reports: None
A Pipe Fitter is responsible for fabricating and fitting pre-fabricated members.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Timely completion of all pipe fitting jobs without injuries and errors.
- Effectively maintain all required safety and quality standards.
Working Environment/Exposure to Risk
- This job typically requires moderate to heavy labor and includes, but is not limited to, climbing stairs and structures,
- Carrying and lifting tools and material by hand,
- Working at heights over 6 feet above ground level
- Exposure to electrocution, noise and fire
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Use saws, cutting torches, and pipe benders to cut and hammer pipes to specification
- Study blueprint and construction plans for pipe systems, supports, and related equipment
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, and fittings by means of welding, brazing, soldering and cementing of joints
- Fabrication and development from drawings
- Fabricate spool pieces according to drawings
- Work with Tacker to assemble and fit the spools
- Work according to general arrangements drawing, to ensure correct positioning of spools
- Utilize pressure gauges and hydrostatic testing to inspect and test installed pipe systems
- Electroplate non-ferrous piping materials with tin and lead to obtain an alloy that prevents erosion
- Operate pump machines to discard water from flooded facility floors, manholes and basements
- Prepare cost estimates and budgets for a pipefitting project
- Install and test water systems such as treatment, recycling, and irrigation systems
- Design equipment and systems to reduce water and energy consumption
- Inspect work sites to identify environmental hazards that can limit the integrity of a pipe structure
- Utilize valve keys and wrenches to regulate liquids, steam and other gaseous substances from pipes
- Oversee the repair and replacement of damaged or worn out pipe components
- Use hand or power tools to drill holes in structures such as wall, decks to allow for pipe passage
- Select pipe types, sizes and quantity required for a pipefitting project
- Install and configure automatic pipe control systems.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Escalate identified problems to relevant manager
- Promote harmony and teamwork
- Promote sharing of knowledge through informal and formal channels
- Apply knowledge of the organisational systems, structures, policies and procedures to achieve strategic objectives
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Respond openly to feedback
- Plan and prioritise, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Communicate effectively, maintaining relationships
- Internal: Project and Construction Managers.
- External: Clients Representative from Newmont Ghana and DRA.
Judgement and Complexity
Judgement of the jobholder is highly required in the following:
- Being safety conscious in executing the job
Responsibility for Assets
- Tools and equipment under his/her care
Level of Authority
- The jobholder’s authority is limited to making recommendations and seeking approval
- Educational & Professional Qualification:
- A minimum of NVTI or equivalent educational qualification; vocational school or trade certification required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the construction or mining industry or any other heavy industrial projects.
- Full driving licence class E for mobile operation platforms
- A valid Mineral Commission Competency
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Skills Required:
- Mechanical Skills: Ability to utilize and operate a range of tools and equipment in installing, maintaining, and repairing pipe systems
- Physical Strength: Ability to handle, lift, and move heavy pipes, pipefitting materials and equipment
- Read isometric drawings
- Be able to work to measurement and orientation tolerance
- Knowledge of different hand tools used on piping
- Knowledge of fabrication tools
- Sound knowledge of using cutting equipment (Cutting torch and grinding machines)
- Be able to identify different fittings and pipes
- Troubleshooting Skills: Must possess the relevant skills in diagnosing pipe systems to identify and fix problems with leaks and clogs
- Ability to read and write and to keep job records
- Good Spoken and written English language skills.
- Ability to work safely with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Sound knowledge of company policies and procedures including relevant reporting and administration procedures
- Sound understanding of Company values
- Must be a team player
- Expressed and implied ethical responsibilities and values
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply for this job by submitting their application and CV with three references to the address below not later than 15th July, 2020, indicating “Pipe Fitter” in the subject line. WEC would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates who meet our requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. EOE/AA.
NOTE: To ensure that an applicant is a native of the local community, all local applications must be supported by the initial confirmation of citizenship, ENDORSED by the Chief, a nominated Assembly Person and the Youth Leader of the applicant’s community, and must be delivered to the Newmont Community Information Office or Newmont Security gate at Plant Site not later than the stated date
The Human Resources Representative
Wayoe Engineering and Construction Limited
C/O HR Department
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED