PEAS Ghana Invites Job Applications
PEAS (Promoting Equality in African Schools) is a non-profit organization working to expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa. Since 2008, we have been building and running secondary schools in some of the remotest, and most underserved, communities in Uganda and Zambia.
PEAS schools aim to enroll students who would not otherwise have access to education and deliver a quality education that helps our students lead fulfilling and socially responsible lives.
Over the past 14 years, PEAS has had first-hand experience running some of the best secondary schools in Uganda and Zambia whilst building up our tools, teams, and evidence.
We are now looking to expand our impact beyond PEAS’ two secondary school networks and to begin working in new countries across Sub-Saharan Africa where there is a need for increased access to quality secondary education.
In particular, we are looking to work with governments and reputable education operators who are focused on delivering quality secondary education to the most marginalized communities in their countries.
POSITION: Ghana Education Consultant
- Role Title and Department: PEAS Ghana Education Consultant, New Country Expansion Team
- Time Period: 3 days a week for 3 months – with the potential to extend in the future.
- The anticipated start date: is October 1st, 2022 (to be agreed upon with the successful candidate).
- Compensation: Applicants to submit their proposed all-inclusive day rate
- Location and Travel: Based in Accra – with travel to PEAS projects around Ghana (and potentially visits to PEAS’ other locations)
- Reporting to: PEAS Global – Operations Lead
We are looking for potential opportunities where PEAS can adapt and share our tried-and-tested tools, practices, and experience to help improve the education system in Ghana. PEAS is looking to work with a driven, experienced education consultant who can support building PEAS’ presence in Ghana and identifying potential projects at the basic or senior high school level.
This consultant should have experience in the Ghanaian educational sector which can enable them to provide technical advice on project design and delivery, to ensure PEAS’ approaches are tailored appropriately and fit the local context.
- Produce an engagement map of key education stakeholders for PEAS to connect with (including government, funders, and relevant implementing organizations), and support with outreach to arrange meetings. This includes drafting and submitting letters, approaching contacts in their network, and engaging proactively with the Ministry of Education and relevant agencies.
- Providing technical advice to PEAS on the education landscape and context in Ghana, sharing information about in-country opportunities for funding, and providing input regarding the Ghana context into project proposals.
- Providing technical advice on PEAS’ ongoing education projects within Ghana, to ensure PEAS’ approaches are tailored appropriately and fit the local context.
- Representing PEAS at relevant meetings and events, to build awareness about PEAS’ work and support with identifying opportunities.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with PEAS Operations Lead to discuss progress and strategies to continue building awareness about PEAS’ work.
Qualification and Skills
- Firstly, a minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in education in Ghana. Ideally, at least one previous role working as a teacher in Ghana, within the Ghana Ministry of Education, or for an education-focused NGO in Ghana.
- Secondly, passionate about improving the life chances of all children through educational opportunities and trialing innovative approaches to improve the quality of education in Ghana.
- Thirdly, strong network within the education sector.
- Also, strong writing and communication skills, with the ability to present in an engaging manner.
- Additionally, experience working with staff in multiple locations and maintaining effective communications.
- Last but not least, should be based in or near Accra.
- Ghanian national preferred.
HOW TO APPLY?
You will need to submit:
- Responses to questions about how you meet the requirements above and your proposed GBP day rate (including all relevant taxes and other costs).
- A CV (maximum 3 pages), including the names and contacts of 3 references.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The deadline for applications is 17:00 GMT on Friday 23rd September. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
This role is to be based in Ghana and therefore we will prioritize Ghanaian nationals or those with the existing right to work in Ghana and who meet the criteria.
We welcome all applicants and will always treat every application fairly based on merit. We prioritize local leadership – this is both a principled and pragmatic approach. Investing in high-quality local leadership is the right thing to do and it helps us achieve better results.
As an organization working to expand equitable access with a strong focus on girls’, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED