The Packet Core Engineer accountable for ensuring PS core and its related technologies provide data services to our cherished customers.
He/She will perform integration and technical support for PS Core Network platforms (MME, SGSN, SGW, PGW, GGSN, CGW, vMSE, PCRF etc)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring a smooth operation of the GSM/UMTS/LTE specific Packet Core Network.
• Be part of a team managing the Packet Core Network activities associated with Mobile GSM/UMTS/LTE/VoLTE Network.
• Providing support to the Packet Core Network and its related Support Systems.
• Collaborate with Core Planning team to ensure that Project and Programme Plans are built up in a realistic manner that takes into account all internal and external dependencies to the Packet Core Network
• Adherences to Cybersecurity processes
• To closely cooperate with Consumer and Enterprise Products & Services demand functions to capture and translate user experience and commercial requirements into technical requirements
• Delivers assigned tasks for projects, within the roadmap, taking into account the directional guidance of the strategic plan, managing risks, escalations and exceptions, and complex interfaces;
• Uses communication skills to work with other Network functions and other key stakeholders to ensure development is undertaken in line with the overall strategy and architecture and is fit for deployment;
• Demonstrates a good understanding of specific elements across the Network landscape;
• Has a good understanding of the needs to support the design, deployment and optimization across the Network
• Interacts with suppliers, technology vendors, and internal functions;
Qualification and Experience
• University degree in telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering + CCNA (Mandatory)
• 6+ or more years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
• Competence in virtualisation and NFV, cloud-based solutions and technologies
• Solid technical experience on: Core network (components and architecture)
• IP Traffic Management (Shaping and QoS for e.g.) and mitigation strategies
• Advanced working knowledge of MME, MCC (GGSN,SGSN,SGW & PGW) is required
• Design and deployment experience of key network systems/nodes (for example MME & SAE-GW) through the full delivery lifecycle from initial design to full operational handover.
• Excellent working knowledge of EPC/IMS/LTE architecture, interfaces(S1-MME, S1u, S3, S4, S5,S6a, S8, S10 and S11 and command over GTPv2 and S1AP, Diameter, NAS),protocols(DIAMETER, RADIUS, SIGTRAN, SS7,AAA,SIP, MAP, CAP and INAP etc ) and procedures, with understanding of key LTE associated technologies and functionality including IMS, VoLTE
• Experienced of working with Nokia/Huawei/Cisco core network systems.
• VoIP/VoLTE deployment and testing experience
• Working experience in IP networks, preferably experience with the prime IP vendor equipment: Cisco/Juniper/Huawei network certification.
• CCDP/CCNP, Project mgmt. (desirable)
• In-depth knowledge and experience of IP technologies and services including Converged Packet Network (CPN), Packet Switched Core(SGSN/GGSN, MME, SGPW,CGW), virtualisation technologies
• Experience of network and service planning, architecture, design, integration and acceptance test procedures.
• Good working knowledge of 3GPP, IETF and GSMA standards (2G, 2.5G, 3G and 4G/LTE network) and architectures
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED