- Location: Accra, Ghana
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Job Type: Full time
- Reports to: CEO/ Board
- Manages: Finance, Marketing, IT, Logistics, Human Resources & Administration
- Relationships: Local & International Suppliers, Regulatory bodies, Buyers, etc.
- Position: GENERAL MANAGER (Operations, Admin & Finance)
- Delivers a hands-on approach to operations management, managing daily production scheduling, tracks performance, warehousing, and logistics (finished goods delivery, shipments, material sourcing, etc) aimed at reducing production lead time, enhancing efficiency and quality.
- Develops, implements, and ensures strict adherence to SOPs particularly in the areas of Quality.
- Coordinates operations to ensure agreed KPIs are tracked and met.
- Manages supplier performance, standards and creates strong relationships with all local and international suppliers.
- Handles production issues and engages buyers/customers to ensure requirements and standards are met.
Sales & Marketing
- Leads the sales & marketing team to grow the business, develop new business channels to achieve budgets. Works closely with the S&M team on future orders, present order status, and product costing.
Finance, HR & Administration Leadership
- Leads team to ensure profitability, proactive capex planning and procurement, conducts financial risk analysis of production output, and regularly explores areas of cost-saving.
- Responsible for operating and capital budgeting for approval by the Board.
- Ensure financial standards compliance wrt audits, applicable taxation and documentation are promptly filed, adherence to service level agreements and contract delivery.
- Structures and leads implementation of administrative procedures and systems to streamline processes.
- Works closely with the HR Manager to provide strategic HR leadership and best practices of recruitment, skills development and retention, workplace cooperation, and establishing the company as an ‘Employer of choice’ within its industry.
- Ensures the factory site is compliant at high levels in the areas of health & safety, local & international labor regulations and conventions, environment, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration/ finance/ logistics or in a related course. Strong finance background is however mandatory.
- A degree or diploma in clothing & textiles with be an advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in a similar role in manufacturing; and at least 5 years in an executive management capacity.
- A proven record in managing a large-scale garment and apparel manufacturing company is mandatory.
- Knowledge of local and international delivery processes is preferred.
- Conversant with production planning, production management, quality control, budgeting, and other commercial-related matters.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, exercise good judgment, and be capable of developing and coaching people.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Must have strong presentation and report writing skills.
Results Oriented, Influencer, Strong organizational and negotiation skills, Confident Communicator.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: ONGOING
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED