Operations & Logistics Manager Needed at Abt Associates
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Operations and Logistics Manager for the upcoming Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II – Systems Strengthening Activity. This Activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana.
The RING II – Systems Strengthening Activity will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, the Operations and Logistics Manager will be responsible for providing administrative, logistical, and financial support to the project such as working closely with technical teams to anticipate needs for project events and staff travel and to make all necessary \ travel arrangements. In addition, h/she will maintain an accurate inventory of expendable and non-expendable property and develop a system for filling project documents, invoices, and other supporting documentation. This position will require frequent travel to regions and districts where the program is being implemented. The activity will work in the following regions: Northern, North East, Upper East, and Upper West.
The position will be based in Tamale, Ghana.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Firstly, Working with key personnel in Tamale and Regional Coordinators in the field, support a process to develop and implement a strategy to roll out the program operations effectively and accountably to all both regions and the central office.
- Secondly, Provide technical assistance where necessary financial and operations management to ensure capacity to manage sub-contracts effectively and accountably.
- Thirdly, Working closely with the Human Resource Partner in Home office and Human Resource Manager in Tamale, lead on human resource matters for Abt employees and consultants, which includes compliance with relevant local laws, regulations, and tax issues and Abt corporate policies such as hiring, onboarding of staff, benefit tracking, and termination.
- Moreover, Support in the establishment, maintenance, and documentation of a strong procurement function for goods and services including establishment of tendering process to promote transparency, evaluation of vendors’ proposals, selection of vendors, negotiation with vendors for payment terms, through development and approval of purchase orders. This will also include establishing preferred vendors for recurrent procurements in Tamale and the field offices.
- Additionally, Support in the establishment, maintenance, and documentation of a strong logistics function which includes project inventory management, conference organization, air and ground transportation, fleet management, and visitor management.
- Afterwards, Support in office management for Tamale and all nine field offices from set up to close out including managing lease holds, internet service provision and connectivity, equipment purchase, and management of relations and disputes with landlords and sub-tenants.
- Finally, Working closely with the Security Manager, ensure security of Abt’s staff, program operation, and assets.
- Master’s Degree (preferred), in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required;
- At least 8-10 years of experience in a management position in the public or private sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and/or experience in administration, financial planning and management, and procurement, and other management support areas, as required.
- Knowledge of USAID and FAR.
- Experience implementing donor-funded projects in Sub-Saharan Africa specifically in Ghana, experience with USAID projects is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in coordination, planning, and leading programs with International NGOs desired.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects.
- Solid computer skills in MS-Office applications, including MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Lastly, Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time to program locations within Ghana.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for Operations & Logistics Manager at Abt Associates
Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 12 AUGUST 2022.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED