October 12th, 2023 at 01:12 pm
Obtaining a Retirement Visa for Thailand
An application for a Thai Retirement Visa is open to foreign nationals over 50 who wish to retire to Thailand. The official term for a Thailand “retirement visa” is a Category “O” of the Non-Immigrant Visas for Thailand, despite the fact that it is the term that is used most frequently.
Thailand Retirement Visa Types
Retirement visas for Thailand come in two varieties:
- O-A Retirement Visa for Thailand. Applicants who want to spend no more than a year in Thailand without intending to work there may apply for an O-A retirement visa.
- O-X Retirement Visa for Thailand. Applicants who intend to spend no more than ten years in Thailand without the purpose of working there may apply for an O-X retirement visa.
Criteria for Thailand Retirement Visa
To apply for a retirement visa in Thailand, a candidate needs to meet the requirements listed below:
- You have to be at least fifty years old.
- Your passport needs to have at least two blank pages and be valid for a minimum of six months.
- You have to meet the required amount of money:
- Earn a minimum of THB 65,000 every month.
- Be in possession of a minimum of THB 800,000.
- Making a minimum THB 800,000 deposit into a Thai bank, or
- Deposit money into a Thai bank account to establish a joint pension worth at least THB 800,000.
- You have to be a national of the country from which you are applying or a permanent resident.
- In the event that you have issues with your security deposit, you must possess an authentic Thailand bank book. The bank book will attest to the fact that the funds have been deposited from an outside bank for a minimum of two months.
- You need to provide documentation from the Thai embassy attesting to your monthly salary. If your monthly income letter is not sent to you by the embassy, you will need to submit a 12-month bank statement that reflects the regular deposit.
- For the length of your visit, you need to purchase health insurance for Thailand. the provision of at least THB 400,000 for inpatient care and THB 40,000 for outpatient care each year. You must obtain health insurance from one of the Thailand General Insurance Association’s recognized providers.
Extra Qualifications for a Retirement Visa to Thailand O-A
In addition to meeting the standard prerequisites for a Thailand retirement visa, you also need to meet the following requirements in order to be qualified for an O-A:
One of the following financial requirements must be met by you:
- A THB 800,000 security deposit made two months prior to the visa application in a Thai bank account
- A THB 65,000 monthly salary
- The security deposit plus the THB 800,000 yearly income combined
Extra Qualifications for a Retirement Visa to Thailand O-X
In addition to meeting the standard prerequisites for a Thailand retirement visa, you also need to meet the following requirements in order to be qualified for an O-X visa:
You have to be a citizen of one of these nations:
- United Kingdom
- United States
The following financial requirements must be met:
- A minimum THB 3 million security deposit in a Thai bank account
- A minimum yearly income of THB 1.2 million
Required Documents for an Application for a Retirement Visa in Thailand
There are many documents required to bolster your Thailand Retirement Visa application. This comprises:
- Your passport, which has at least one blank visa page and is good for a minimum of six more months. You must have at least another 18 months left on your passport if you’re seeking for a one-year visa.
- Completed and signed visa application form, which you may pick up in person when you submit your application or download from the website of the Embassy or Consulate.
- Completed and signed Additional Retirement Visa Application Form
- A photo of yourself the size of a passport that meets the following requirements:
- A background of white
- Conducted in the previous half-year
- Maintain a neutral expression while looking directly ahead.
- Your face needs to be completely visible.
- Headgear is only appropriate for religious occasions and then only if it shields the face.
- You may wear glasses, but only if they don’t hide your eyes or have bulky frames.
- Evidence that you fulfill the above-mentioned financial conditions by providing one of the following, if appropriate:
- Bank Statements and a Letter of Guarantee attesting to the deposit made with the Thai Bank, which is in accordance with the eligibility requirements mentioned above.
- Bank statements demonstrating a yearly income at least as high as that mentioned in the “Eligibility…” section above
*A Notary Public must certify bank statements.
- A police certificate proving you have never been in trouble with the law, issued by the police in your nation. A Notary Public must certify the certificate.
- A recent three-month health certificate attesting to your lack of infection with any of the disorders listed as forbidden (Tuberculosis, Leprosy, Elephantiasis, Drug/Alcohol Addiction, Third Phase Syphilis). A Notary Public must certify the certificate.
- Evidence of health insurance that, according to the Thai General Insurance Association, covers at least 40,000 Thai Baht in outpatient care and 400,000 Thai Baht in inpatient care annually.
Processing fees for Thailand Retirement Visas.
The personnel at the Embassy or Consulate where you are applying may request extra documentation from you if they think it is necessary.
How Do I Apply for a Retirement Visa to Thailand?
To apply for a retirement visa for Thailand, you have two options:
- At the Thai Embassy or Consulate in Your National Capital
- If you are already in Thailand, at the Thailand Immigration Department that is closest to you.
Applying in Your Home Country at the Thai Embassy or Consulate
- Applying for a retirement visa for Thailand can be done in the following ways at the closest Thai embassy or consulate in your country:
- Make an appointment for a visa by contacting the Thai embassy or consulate that is closest to you. The closest embassy may be in a neighboring country, even though phrase normally refers to your own.
- Compile the necessary paperwork. For more details, go to “Documents Required for a Thailand Retirement Visa Application.”
- Send the necessary paperwork to the Thai embassy or consulate where your appointment is set.
- Await word from the Thai embassy or consulate regarding the status of your application for a retirement visa.
Important: Not every consulate or embassy in Thailand is able to grant a retirement visa for Thailand. Make sure you confirm in advance with the appropriate embassy.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED