September 13th, 2023 at 08:29 pm
NSS Releases Pin Codes for General Enrolment for the 2023/2024 Postings
The National Service Scheme (NSS) Management has today released PIN CODES for a total of 142,381 Ghanaian students in their final year at 125 approved tertiary institutions across the nation. As a result, students have properly registered to enroll to complete their required national duty for the service year 2023/2024.
Individual defaulters who have requested to be enrolled in the national service for this year are not included in this, nevertheless. Also disclosed would be their PIN CODES.
Therefore, it is required of all eligible Ghanaian final-year students to access their PIN CODES together with their individual school index numbers and dates of birth by visiting the Scheme’s website at www.nss.gov.gh.
The next step is to go to any ADB Bank Ltd. branch and pay GHC40.00, or you can pay GHC41.00 through the MTN Momo platform to start the enrollment process. The registration period will end on Saturday, August 19, 2023.
The management requests that authorized tertiary institutions submit their supplemental final year lists as soon as feasible. This will allow the Scheme to enroll them in the 2023/2024 national service as well.
It is encouraged that all qualified final-year Ghanaian students complete the enrollment process on their own to prevent mistakes from delaying the processing of their deployment.
National Service Personnel Allowance Increased from GHC559.04 to GHC715.57
Since January 2023, the Management of the National Service Scheme has obtained government clearance for an increase in the monthly allowances for National Service Personnel from GHC 559.04 to GHC 715.57.
The National Service Scheme, Fair Wages, and Salaries Commission, and the Ministry of Finance all participated in the approval process, which was documented in a letter dated July 18, 2023, and signed by Hon. Abena Osei-Asare (MP), the deputy minister of finance.
The Controller and Accountant-General were also told in the letter to put the revised levels of personnel allowances into effect.
All National Service Personnel who are currently on active duty are therefore entitled to reparations for the difference in the upward adjustment starting in January 2023 and would receive the appropriate compensation.
To have all outstanding arrears properly paid, management advises all National Service Personnel to be patient while the required administrative procedures are being completed.
Interns and National Service Personnel Needed At Perbi Clubs
Perbi Clubs is on a mission to create a culture of reading across Africa, leading to a continent of successful families. As a team, we value people and are committed to integrity and excellence. We thrive on innovation and creativity and this explains our flexible and fun-filled working environment. The interplay of success, grace, and glory remains evident in the execution of our tasks.
- Work Location: Perbi Cubs Office, West Legon, Accra
- Job Status: Fixed Term
Our interns and national service personnel will be recruited as Success Club Coordinators or Program Facilitators depending on your qualification and experience to provide support for our Cubs (Children) such as assistance or monitoring with homework, reading, and extra tutoring for those who will need it, engaging in fun activities during Perbi Cubs programs and also facilitating library sessions in Perbi Cub schools.
We have an upcoming program “Success Club” which commences on 19th September 2022 where the services of our interns and national service personnel will be required.
Success Club is an after-school care and weekend care program for Cubs (Children) aged 3 years to 15 years which will run from 19th September 2022 to 16th December 2022. Included in programs and activities that will be run for our Cubs are homework assistance, reading, aerobics, critical thinking, coding and robotics, graphic design and illustration/animation, games, piano, and guitar lessons.
If you seek to make an impact on the growth and development of children, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Support Cubs with homework, reading, and tutoring in Mathematics, English, and Core Science.
- Monitor and provide support for Cubs during fun activities.
- As a multi-disciplinary reading enthusiast, encourage reading among learners.
- Implement a professionally developed literacy-based program as required by Perbi Cubs so that learners derive value from our program.
- Exhibit positive attributes that learners could emulate in order to perform well across all subjects.
- Proactively monitor processes, procedures, and other measures that increase the effectiveness of our program.
- Have a trainable attitude and take the initiative towards personal development.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission.
- You must be able to uphold our company’s 7 Ps brand values of People, Integrity, Excellence,
- Flexibility & Fun, Innovation & Creativity, Success and Grace & Glory in the execution of tasks.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Interns should preferably be pursuing their undergraduate degrees.
- National Service applicants should have completed their undergraduate studies in 2023 and be ready to begin their one-year mandatory national service in 2023.
- Should be excited about being around and working with children.
- A passion for teaching and learning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Resilience and good critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels effectively.
- Passionate about children and influencing their lives positively.
- Good listening skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- The ability to represent Perbi Cubs in a professional manner within designated schools and effectively facilitate learning activities during school library periods.
- The ability to run the Perbi Cubs Programme in an engaging, effective, and affirming manner.
- Practical knowledge in the following will be an added advantage: aerobics, arts and crafts, beading, graphic design/illustration, piano, and guitar.
- The ability to teach Math, Science, or English at the basic school level would be an added advantage.
- Should be a fun-loving person.
- Should feel comfortable being with and around children.
- You must be able to uphold our company’s 7 Ps brand values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Flexibility & Fun, Innovation & Creativity, Success, and Grace & Glory in the execution of tasks.
How To Apply
Send a one-page cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Use this caption as the subject of your email “Intern” or “National Service” depending on the position you are applying for.
Visit Newsnowgh.com for the most up-to-date information on changes to visa criteria, prospective paths to obtaining legal residency, and others.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED