March 9th, 2020 at 03:56 pm
Business Development and Market Linkages Advisors
- Kumasi, Ghana
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Project
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992. SNV has recently been awarded funding from the European Union Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF) to implement the GrEEn project, which aims to promote employment, entrepreneurship and support the greening of businesses for sustainable and climate resilient local economies in Ghana.
The project is currently seeking applicants for a full-time positions for
Business Development and Market Linkages Advisors
These positions are based respectively in Kumasi and Takoradi, Ghana
The Regional Business Development and Market Linkages Advisors will be responsible for facilitating linkages for start-up entrepreneurs and/or existing MSMEs. S/he will closely coordinate and work together with the Employability and Entrepreneurship Skills Development Advisors, as well as with the Energy and Agriculture Advisors in the regional offices, as well as the Incubation/Acceleration Specialist at the national level.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the various Business Development and Market Linkages Advisors will include the following:
– Provide support on conducting and updating market scans and analyses, as well as in the identification of potential strategic partners.
– Support in awareness-raising on business and investment opportunities in the Green and Circular Economies, including the dissemination of business models and success stories across SNV’s three focal sectors (agriculture, renewable energy and WASH).
– In close collaboration with the Energy and Agriculture Advisors, as well as the Incubation/Acceleration Specialist, facilitate linkages to relevant businesses in the respective value chains (match-making), relevant Business Development service providers, as well as authorities and financial institutions.
– Develop strong relationships with start-ups and MSMEs, identify opportunities for growth and upscaling, contribute to the preparation of investment proposals and plans as necessary.
– Support team members and service providers in the creation and running of a Challenge Fund to support the testing of green and inclusive business models.
– Assist team members in monitoring and evaluation.
- Master’s degree in one of the following: Agribusiness; Economics; Business Administration; Finance and/or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in developing and facilitating inclusive business models;
- Working experience in market systems development and facilitation.
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills, including financial modelling skills;- Value chain and supply chain analysis and development- Working with youth, women and/or migrants
– Training and coaching
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships; good networking skills;
- Pro-active work attitude and ‘can do’, solution- and results-oriented attitude;
- Ability to prioritise multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with management;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Affinity with SNV’s mission, as well as with the Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH sectors.
* Women are encourage to apply.
* Application Deadline: March 16th 2020
* Contract Duration: Initial 2 years contract
* Contract Type: National Contract
This is a full-time national position. The successful candidate being contracted on an initial two year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
- Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications and three reference contacts by uploading these information not later than March 16th 2020.
- Only Applicants whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites stated above will be considered for the position
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED