Newmont Mining Corporation Announces New Recruitment
POSITION: Social Responsibility Manager
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
To provide strategic leadership, management and direction in the planning, design, and execution of Newmont Akyem Mine’s Social Responsibility Agenda with the view to manage risk and reputation that will create opportunities to obtain access to land, capital, approvals and overall social acceptance of the business.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
Planning and Managing
- Plan and manage Social Responsibility Programs and Initiatives.
- Plan and implement an end-to-end strategy that aims at optimizing recruitment of members of the host community to work within the mine.
- Plan, develop and implement a robust external stakeholder engagement plan and update this on an annual basis, as needs arise.
- Undertake extensive external stakeholder engagement to promote relationship building and social acceptance of mining practices.
- Engage potential partners/collaborators regarding the implementation of community investment projects.
- Commission and hand over completed community development projects to identified community recipients.
Land Access and Control
- Provide guidance on compensation management, resettlement and livelihood support for project affected people, to enable access to land for future projects.
Risk and Reputational Management
- Manage external stakeholder expectations and respond to stakeholder needs and concerns timeously.
- Lead, mentor, supervise and coach Social Responsibility team members to achieve business objectives.
- Develop comprehensive succession plan and associated individual development plan for the Social Responsibility team.
- Provide Social Responsibility guidance and technical support for the operational activities and investment process for growth projects.
Budget and Reporting
- Provide Social Responsibility inputs into the business planning process.
- Compile annual Social Responsibility reports and submit to regulators, such as the Minerals Commission and EPA.
- Compile Social Acceptance Matrix on a quarterly basis.
Health and Safety
- Lead Social Responsibility Team’s contribution to the Zero Harm goal of Akyem with focus on quality Safety Interactions, Inspections, Audits, Risk Assessments & Impact Mitigation and Control Systems.
- Report all incidents and accidents in the work group to enable management to identify areas for improvement in work practices.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A First Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, Planning or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience working in Corporate Social Responsibility, Community Development, Stakeholder Engagement and Resettlement projects, with at least 5 years’ in a leadership role.
- Advanced interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds)
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Then, Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Strong consultation skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Also, Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong program management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Afterwards, Conflict management skills
- Facilitation skills.
- Risk management skills.
- Lastly, Sound computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong Leadership.
- Strong Detail Focus.
- Cultural Sensitivity.
- Deadline driven.
- Directive and takes initiative.
- Follow Through.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Goal orientated.
- High quality orientation.
- High level of transparency.
- Reliable and independent.
- Team Player.
- You will interact with other Newmont sites globally, with different time zones.
- Engagement with external stakeholders such as traditional leaders, government officials places the role in a position to work according to their availability which does not always fit within the normal working hours.
- You may experience stressful situations while managing community issues and stakeholders’ concerns, resolving conflicts between community stakeholders and the company and well as managing high community expectations.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date : 22nd December, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED