Newmont Mining Corporation Announces New Job
Job Title: Mine Manager – Subika Underground
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To lead the underground operations, delivering on the agreed business plan targets in terms of safety, production and cost, growth, people, social responsibility, and environmental objectives.
In This Role You Will
- To begin with, Manage the underground operations to achieve safe schedule, cost, and production objectives.
- Then, Engage with the Construction Manager and support the Project Director to achieve business objectives.
- Also, Govern the underground mine through the underground Management Operating Systems (MOS).
- Afterwards, Identify and implement operational controls to manage business risk.
- Finally, Manage technical and geological services to enable the delivery of the mine plan.
People and Contract Management
- Build the Underground Team and develop a talent pipeline ensuring training and development programs are implemented to meet localization plan.
- Improving workforce diversity in line with Newmont strategy.
- Where required or appropriate represent the Company in dealings with external agencies, contractors, consultants, and suppliers.
- Effectively interface with support functions and other organizations to facilitate the coordination and execution of work to optimize underground mining and maintenance.
Business planning and Financial Management
- Manage the development of the Subika Underground operations, annual budget, and strategic plan to attain optimum financial results, achieve site goals and objectives, coordinate site planning, and participate in regional and corporate planning.
- Manage and control capital, and operating expenditure.
- Seek out, lead, and apply underground best practices and continuous improvements practices to deliver sustainable cost, efficiency and personnel health and wellness improvements.
- Deliver and grow the Subika Underground and the Akyem underground resource in a timely manner to maximize benefit through strategic planning implement programs.
Reporting and Compliance
- Deliver monthly and annual returns to the inspectorate.
- Deliver weekly, monthly, and annual internal reports.
- Statutory reporting in relation to social, environmental, safety and technical regulations.
Safety and Environment
- Firstly, Eliminate all workplace injuries and illness through a focus on behaviors, leadership, and risk management.
- Secondly, Create standard operating procedures based on regional, global standards and regulatory compliance and leading practices.
- Thirdly, Actively participate in all Newmont safety and environmental systems, and initiatives.
- Furthermore, Demonstrate personal commitment to safety and environmental practices.
- Additionally, Identify potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Then, Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety, and effectiveness.
- Finally, Raise, discuss and make resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Mining).
- MINCOM Underground Mine Manager certification.
- Financial management skills.
- 15 years of mining experience predominantly underground.
- Experience in managing diverse teams.
- Experience in underground hard rock mechanized mine.
- Contractor management experience.
- Firstly, Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Then, Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Moreover, Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Also, Advanced planning, organizing, and prioritising skills.
- Lastly, Develope and manage diverse teams consisting of owner, contractor and operator.
- Act professional and show respect.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Always maintain confidentiality.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Show initiative, be results driven and proactive.
- Strong attention to detail and deliver high levels of accuracy.
- Combination of office and underground mining conditions.
- Moist wet surfaces.
- Noise exposure with the requirements of hearing protection.
- Dark environment which requires the use of a caplamp.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Therefore, Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. Thus, We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Moreover, Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing Date : 10th October, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED