Newmont Ghana’s attention has been drawn to a recruitment scam being driven by unknown individuals and groups, purporting to be officials of the company. These people are offering fake employment opportunities with the intent to extort money from people who desire to work with the company.
Newmont Ghana wishes to notify the public that we have not designated any officials, individuals, or groups outside the company to recruit on our behalf. What is currently ongoing is a scam intended to take undue advantages of job seekers.
Some of the fraudsters pose as employees of the company under the pretext of providing job opportunities at our Ahafo North project and other mines for the unsuspecting public. They then request for upfront payment to process the job applications. Newmont Ghana is not responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss which may result from it.
While we work with the security agencies to clamp down on these criminal acts, we entreat the public to be vigilant and take note of the following:
- Newmont Ghana does not require job seekers, applicants, candidates, or potential employees to pay application processing fees or make any form of payment to the company or any individual as a condition for employment.
- Our career opportunities can be assessed on the Careers page of our website.
If a position is not advertised, it is not a legitimate opening.
- Our advertised roles on LinkedIn and other Newmont Ghana social media platforms should lead you to the above website.
- Do not respond to business propositions or offers of employment from people who claim to be employees of Newmont Ghana. Available opportunities will always be published officially, either internally or externally.
- If you are not sure of any employment opportunity or business deal purported to be coming from Newmont Ghana, kindly contact us at [email protected]
Public Affairs, Newmont
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED