The Perenti Mining industry sector group of Perenti Global Limited is one of the world’s largest mining contractors.
Perenti Mining includes underground mining businesses Barminco and African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) and surface mining businesses Ausdrill and African Mining Services (AMS).
Barminco and AUMS together are one of the world’s largest hard-rock underground mining service providers with over three decades of experience and employing over 5,100 people, at 25 projects in seven countries.
Ausdrill and AMS have been operating in Australia and Africa for over 30 years and employs over 2800 employees in 7 countries.
Through our unique global operating model, we deliver world-class safety, quality, and productivity wherever we operate.
About the role:
Perenti Mining is seeking a Ghana based in-house lawyer with demonstrable commercial experience to support Ghana operations and assist its African operations more broadly.
Reporting to Manager of Commercial & Legal, Africa & North America, the successful candidate will, in addition to Ghana, be involved in matters relating to Burkina Faso, Senegal, Mali, Egypt, Tanzania, Botswana, USA and Canada.
- Provide support to legal function and local operational team to understand and comply with law, Company Secretarial and Compliance requirements and support Perenti’s initiatives and requirements where necessary in Ghana and more broadly in West Africa
- Understanding and meeting legal obligations through proactively using existing or establishing practices and systems
- Support the review and negotiation of client contracts and subcontracts that pragmatically and innovatively manage risk while providing value for Perenti’s clients and potential
- Contract management through supporting contract interpretation, variations, extensions and disputes through practical legal and commercial advice
- Advising local functions â employment, HSE, finance, tax, etc
- Managing legal advice and disputes
- Managing external legal providers
- Assisting in the interaction and engagement with authorities
- Undertaking and supporting investigations, insurance claims
- Regular reporting
- Provide time zone coverage
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and interest in learning Perenti’s mining business
- Tertiary qualifications in Law
- Current practicing certificate in a relevant jurisdiction
- 8 years post admission experience, including some with a mining or construction company or other industries that are exposed to high level of contract administration and management
- Strong front end contract and contract management experience and technical skill, including client facing contract negotiation in mining services contracts, subcontracts, joint ventures and alliances
- Experience in governance and compliance matters
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills are essential
- Ability to travel
- Ability to speak/read French is desirable
What we can offer:
- A permanent full-time role with career progression opportunities for successful candidates
- Generous salary sacrifice package
- Job Security, with a work-life balance
- Employee incentives, benefits and rewards
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED