New Job Offer at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Job Title: Procurement Associate
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with divisions and offices at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities.
RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs).
The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The position is located in the Regional Office for Africa in Accra, Ghana.
The Procurement Associate provides and coordinates day-to-day procurement operations, including specialized and complex processes and functions, ensuring consistency, timeliness and conformity with relevant rules, procedures and practices. He/she provides procedural guidance to clients and staff across the Organization regarding procurement rules and procedures.
The Procurement Associate reports to the Procurement Officer. Work is performed largely autonomous, expressing initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs and is facilitating service delivery. The incumbent provides guidance and training to procurement support staff and advices clients throughout the Organization.
The Procurement Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff, and suppliers inside and outside the Organization, ensuring the quality and consistency of procurement support services and the compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Firstly, Perform operational functions relating to the procurement process, including the preparation of documents related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders, evaluation of bids, follow-up with suppliers, attendance at tender opening panel, draft simple amendments and/ or renewals to contracts and service orders under the guidance of the supervisor(s), applying in-depth knowledge of the procurement applications and regulations, etc.;
- Secondly, Review purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are technically complete and in conformity with established FAO rules and procedures; approve transactions in the relevant systems up to a maximum amount as delegated;
- Thirdly, Ensure that procurement actions are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant rules and procedures; ensure timely information on the status of procurement activities and all related issues;
- Moreover, Maintain and monitor database records related to procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, and contracts; coordinate collection of statistical information on procurement actions and ensure that information maintained in the relevant systems is accurate and updated;
- Furthermore, Prepare, review and analyse periodic monitoring reports making recommendations and taking action as instructed;
- Additionally, Participate in meetings with suppliers;
- Then, Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the Service through training of staff and briefing of colleagues on the use of the Oracle Procurement Module and other IT applications utilized in the Procurement Service;
- Also, Act as the Contracts Unit focal point for GRMS, UNGM and Intend;
- Afterwards, Review current processes and make recommendations to improve purchasing systems and procedures;
- Finally, Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO’s procurement operations. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the procurement support services for the successful achievement of the Division’s/Office’s mandate.
- Education: Secondary School Education.
- Work Experience and Knowledge: Five years of experience in procurement support work.
- Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
- IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of the procurement regulations and procedures of any public or international entity or organization.
- Good knowledge of the International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and their application.
- Knowledge of and experience with Letters of Agreement or similar agreements with non-for-profit institutions and amendments of such agreements in accordance with the standards and procedures established by FAO.
- Thorough knowledge of the ERP Procurement Module and ability to guide, direct and advise colleagues on its use and applications.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- To bein with, Thorough knowledge of UN system procurement regulations, policies and procedures.
- Then, Certification on procurement delivered from an internationally recognized institution is an asset.
- Also, Extent of knowledge and experience in corporate information systems and monitoring tools.
- Moreover, Thorough knowledge of FAO’s administrative policies and procedures.
- Lastly, Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of French is a strong asset.
Closing Date : 5th October, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED