New Job Advertisement at VisionSpring
Job Title: Ophthalmic Nurse – Pre-screener, Ghana
Do you wear glasses and love them? Are you ready to help people in Ghana with low incomes see better and get their hands on glasses?
VisionSpring is a global social enterprise that is looking for a full-time vision pre-screener in Ghana to join its Vision Access Project Team. The pre-screener is an important part of vision camps in workplaces and communities. He or she greets customers with a warm welcome, pre-screens them, and sends them to the right team member for the next step, schedules eye exams, gives great advice about eye care, and answers questions. He or she will make sure that the vision camps run as smoothly as possible by keeping an eye out for problems and fixing them as they come up.
This job is based in Kumasi, but it will require a lot of travel, including some overnight stays close to work sites in Ghana’s Ashanti Region.
- You are very interested in making it easier for low-income workers and students to get affordable glasses.
- You were born to teach. You love to teach others and get them excited about what they’re going to do.
- You like meeting new people and take pride in making sure that every customer you help has a great time and leaves VisionSpring feeling happy and excited to tell their friends and family about it.
- You are a team player who doesn’t mind getting your hands dirty. You are willing to do any job, big or small, to give your customers the best service possible.
- You set a good example by being on time, treating people with respect, and working hard.
- You show that you are willing to keep learning about how to better meet your customers’ needs.
- We are making it possible for everyone to get affordable eyewear. Clear vision makes it easier to learn, work, be safe, take part in government, and live a better life.
- As a social enterprise, our main goal is to make a difference in the world. Our focus on sales and revenue goals helps us reach our mission goal, which is to improve our customers’ quality of life, productivity at work, and ability to make money by giving them clear vision glasses.
- We are trying to fix the systemic problems of an optical market that hasn’t been able to provide eyeglasses, which are a 700-year-old technology, to the 2.5 billion people who need them and most of whom live on less than $4 a day.
- We help people with low incomes, but not as a charity, but as a business. Our customers expect a high-quality and affordable product, and they are willing to spend their limited extra money on vision correction because they can see and feel the benefits right away.
- When we sell eyeglasses, we create new demand and start a market that can grow. If we donate used glasses instead of selling new ones, we can help four times as many people with the same amount of money. To grow quickly, we need to lower the cost of each new unit.
- We run our business based on both measures of how well we sell and how well we help people. We use a variety of ways to organize and do things to get the job done.
- We think it’s more important to grow our impact than our organization. We are a small but effective group.
What You’ll Do
- Work in outreach or the field in places with few resources.
- At vision camps, you should test people’s vision.
- Check the eyes, figure out what’s wrong, and treat it.
- Talk to people to find out more about their eye problems and to understand their worries.
- Document and collect all cases of cataracts that are found on the field so that the right steps can be taken.
- Find out if someone has presbyopia and give them reading glasses if they need them.
- Sort the customers into those who need to see the optometrist and those who don’t.
- Train local teams that will be doing the work on how to assess and pre-screen vision.
- Keep the place clean, neat, and safe for customers and staff.
- Help people keep their eyes healthy and improve their overall health by talking to them about vision and eye care, good visual hygiene, and how to take care of their eyeglasses. Give advice and reassurance about things that have to do with vision.
- Help gather customer stories and survey results to learn more about customer satisfaction, preferences, and barriers to eye and vision care.
- Keep an eye on it and watch how eye drops are given out.
- Do any other tasks that the supervisor may give you.
- Hold talks on eye health in the community during vision camps to help customers understand how the camps work and how to take care of their eyes in a healthy way.
- Higher Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing from a well-known school or college.
- 1-3 years of experience working in the health field for an international NGO, including work on the ground (s).
- Experience teaching, training, working with people to change their behavior, or counseling.
- Very well organized, dependable, and on time. Able to do more than one thing at once while sticking to a schedule and deadlines. Good at talking to people and getting along with them.
- Willingness to travel to different districts in Ghana and stay overnight if needed for Vision Access Programs, community eye care/health care programs, awareness programs, training, or anything else VisionSpring thinks is important.
Salary is based on education and work experience.
How to Apply for this Job Advertisement at VisionSpring
Closing Date: February 27, 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED