The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely.
We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
POSITION: Lead Talent Management (Contract)
The Global People Experience team sits within the Talent & Culture department. It serves all staff and encapsulates how and what we encounter and observe during our employment with the Wikimedia Foundation. It includes Human Resources Business Partners, and our Centres of Excellence in Learning, Performance and Talent Management.
We are looking for a versatile, hands-on and energetic talent who combines great project management skills, with HR expertise and experience, and working with people in an international setting. If you combine this with an engaging communication style and the capacity to effectively navigate in a value and purpose-driven environment, then we are very interested in talking to you.
This hands-on role has a global scope and will play a key role in shaping WMF Talent Management & Career Development practices in alignment with our culture and values.
The Lead Talent Management will be accountable for the design, implementation and promotion of talent management and career development programs. You will support HR Business Partners in finding the best internal talents and incorporating them into different talent pools.
This position reports to the Director, People Experience and work particularly in partnership with the HRBPs, the Learning team, the DE&I team and the entire T&C staff to ensure support, alignment and connection to Foundation’s T&C services.
- Yara Ghana Latest Employment Opportunity
- Latest Job Opportunity At Pezesha
- Graduate Internship Opportunities At African Entrepreneurship Academy
You are responsible for:
- Leading the design, development and implementation of innovative talent development programs and processes and translating this into operational objectives for the organization in terms of performance, competence, career and succession management.
- Partnering with the Learning team in designing, implementing and administering career paths. Providing career journey solutions to support employees personal growth.
- Ensuring that our talent and career development practices support and contribute to the Wikimedia Foundation’s DE&I commitments.
- Partnering across functional areas within the T&C department to drive connectivity between development needs and other aspects of the talent lifecycle, ensuring an integrated talent management approach.
- Joining forces with the HRBPs to support and advise the organization in terms of talent review, employee retention, and succession planning. Analyzing and identifying key contributors, key successors and risk factors are part of your responsibilities.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of proven experience in a Talent management role with a focus on delivering impact via OD interventions.
- A track record of leading career management and talent development processes and initiatives, delivering real impacts and outcomes on succession planning, mobility, diversity and engagement.
- Proven expertise in career development, career mobility and personal growth of skills and capabilities.
- Excellent planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills. The ability to handle competing priorities calmly under pressure and within restricted timeframes is essential.
- Resilience—we work on new and interesting problems in transparent and collaborative ways. Sharing a culture of constructive criticism and respect.
- Strong understanding of DE&I.
- Comfortable with a high volume workload and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
- Being open, curious, and inquiring in our work.
- Experienced in partnering and influencing senior stakeholders.
Qualities that are important to us:
- Non-profit experience
- Tech industry experience
- Experience in group facilitations, stand up delivery
- Experience with HR Technologies and Platforms (ideally Betterworks, Namely)
- Experience with digital learning tools and LMS
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: February 25, 2022
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED