We are expanding and wish to hire for our Accra Office in Ghana, West Africa. Covering the countries Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and Côte d’Ivoire.
Norfund’s investment sectors are Clean Energy, Financial Institutions, Scalable Enterprises (Funds, Agribusiness and Manufacturing) and Green Infrastructure.
The role will mainly be affiliated to Scalable Enterprises.
We are seeking a results-oriented person with a strong interest in impact investing and active ownership.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of working both in teams and independently and be a value additive resource for others in our investment departments.
The person employed will be included in the project teams on a range of investments and will report to the Regional Director for West Africa.
Duties and responsibilities
- Project support in all phases of the investment process, from the assessment of new opportunities through investment to development and exit, in our core and extended reach countries in West Africa.
- Financial analysis, valuation, financial modelling and preparation of investment proposals and papers.
- Conduct investment research, country and industry analysis.
- Assist project leader in active ownership of portfolio companies.
- Update portfolio management systems and investment activity reports.
- Support in the assessment of risks and provide recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Travel to potential and existing investments, as required.
Specific qualifications for this position
- Master’s in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record.
- A team player with strong analytical skills, great attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
- Result oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Fluency in languages of the coverage countries in West Africa is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
We can offer
- A unique opportunity to achieve insight into private equity investments in developing countries.
- A unique opportunity to invest for commercial return as well as developmental impact.
- A highly competent and international working environment.
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a relatively flat management structure.
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We wish to build a local team with regional knowledge and will employ on local Ghanaian terms and conditions.
The position is based in Accra. Travelling is required.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: 26th November 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE